• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have read about turrets in the pdf documentation of the warcraft 3 art tools, but I haven't undesrstood it very well. Do you know how can it be done?
I've tried to create a model with the bone_turret, but it doesn't do anything in the game.
Thank you! :wink:

Level 25
Acthala, Siege Mode Siege Tanks are buildings by my definition of Warcraft things

Unit: Footman, Steam Tank, Firelord, Zergling
Building: Cannon Tower, Siege Mode Siege Tank, Barracks

I said UNITS, as in things you can move around without having to transform them into something else. Normal mode siege tanks can have a bone_turret, I'll give you that, but their base will still rotate to face the enemy thanks to Warcraft coding

Unless you're changed said coding, which has nothing at all to do with this topic

Level 25
So, Abriko, to test this I made a Cannon Tower, the most obvious source of a bone-turret thing I could find, replace a Rifleman

I must admit it was interesting to see the cannons turn on their own to face the target, however the bases were not happy with being left standing still so they also felt it nessesary to turn, albiet at not the same time as there cannons

Status
Not open for further replies.