Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need help in a trigger to create units!!!!

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Shiroaisu, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi...

basically what i want to do is to create 20 units in different random points of the map, but when i do this:

• Unit - Create 20 Goblin Land Mine for Player 4 (Purple) at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

This creates 20 mines only at 1 random position, so i changed the trigger:

• Unit - Create 1 Goblin Land Mine for Player 4 (Purple) at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Goblin Land Mine for Player 4 (Purple) at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

this seems a very ridiculous thing and i wanted to know how to do it in a better way

Help pls...

2. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What you'll want to do is create a loop that loops up to 20 times. Probably For Each Integer A, from 1 to 20, do actions. Place that creation trigger within the loop.

3. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm ok i got how it works, but can you explain to me why do we have for each integer A and B?? and those 2 mean?

4. cl0s3dy

cl0s3dy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well if you have a hard time doing it a good way whats the problem with doing it the "ridiculous" way?

5. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have integer A and integer B because you may want to have a loop inside of a loop.

Using

• For every (Integer A) from 1 to 6
      • Loop
        • For every (Integer A) from 1 to 6
          • Loop
            • *do your things*

Would not work too well. So you need to use integer B for the other.

And your trigger:
    • For every (Integer A) from 1 to 20
      • Loop
        • Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Random point in (Playable map area))
        • Unit - Create 1 *unit* at Temp_Loc_1 facing...
        • call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)

6. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok tks everyone...

SOLVED

btw:
    ... the ridiculous way its WAY harder..

7. Reaper2008

Reaper2008

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So that he learns something...

Although the "ridiculous" way is faster, it's uglier, and harder to change (must change 20 times). Knowing about loops is fundamental anyway.