• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help for custom race map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all.

Let me preface this post by stating that I'm quite the novice when it come to creating maps. I'm in the process of creating a map with multiple custom races to be added to the current pool of the original four Humans, Orcs, Night elves and Undead.
So far I have the basics down; importing models and creating new units/buildings are done however I really have no clue how to implement these new races into the playable game.

My initial idea was to create a set of spells or abilities that would be prompted at the start of a game which would allow to to select which race you wish to play as. To elaborate:

The Race selection screen would consist of Alliance, Horde, Neutral and Monsters. If alliance is selected, once the game starts, 5 'unbound' worker units and an 'unbound' base building would spawn. Once the base is selected, the only abilities it would have are the options for the different races e.g: For alliance those would be Humans, High Elves, Gilneas and so on... Obviously, once one of these options are selected both the workers and the base would transform into their respective units for the selected race.

My question is: Is these doable? If so, what would the method of implementing it?
If not, what would be the best way of overcoming my problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Level 31
Hi all.

Let me preface this post by stating that I'm quite the novice when it come to creating maps. I'm in the process of creating a map with multiple custom races to be added to the current pool of the original four Humans, Orcs, Night elves and Undead.
So far I have the basics down; importing models and creating new units/buildings are done however I really have no clue how to implement these new races into the playable game.

My initial idea was to create a set of spells or abilities that would be prompted at the start of a game which would allow to to select which race you wish to play as. To elaborate:

The Race selection screen would consist of Alliance, Horde, Neutral and Monsters. If alliance is selected, once the game starts, 5 'unbound' worker units and an 'unbound' base building would spawn. Once the base is selected, the only abilities it would have are the options for the different races e.g: For alliance those would be Humans, High Elves, Gilneas and so on... Obviously, once one of these options are selected both the workers and the base would transform into their respective units for the selected race.

My question is: Is these doable? If so, what would the method of implementing it?
If not, what would be the best way of overcoming my problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
you could make a dialogue select at the begining of the map, like i do in my project ( u can see in my projetc screens) i got 8 races, so u create how many dialogue u want, its easy.

Level 3
you could make a dialogue select at the begining of the map, like i do in my project ( u can see in my projetc screens) i got 8 races, so u create how many dialogue u want, its easy.

How would I go about doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.