• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

problem with custom race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I have a problem. I created a new race and I used triggers to be able to select it. But , you I use it the first hero a use, which with the standard races is free, is costing me money and would. Is there a way to make change that so it would be free like the standard ones?

DKG

DKG

Level 3
^- That doesnt actually work, i had this problem too and what the above suggested was the first thing i tried (no dice :( )

However, i found a roundabout solution to it. When you create your units for your custom race, also run the "creating starting units for player - include heroes" trigger from the melee game section, then immediately remove the created units. This will cause the first hero trained to cost 5 gold, regardless of where it is trained from.

Another note, make sure all your techtree dependencies ARE set (as above mentioned) because these affect what the game considers as heroes and tiers (important for this kind of triggering system).

Level 8
Okay, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you are looking for this:
Go to:
Advanced/Gameplay Constants
Look up:
Techtree - Dependency Equialents - Hero
And add your custom hero to the names.
Yes it's work (if you add this trigger), but if you want a real "custom race" add this thing in melee initialisation.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Set (Picked player) Heros disponibles to 1 (Player - Set propriety)
          • Player - Limit training of YourHero to 1 for (Picked player)

Status
Not open for further replies.