• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Race selection options, how do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeting to you all,

I’m currently trying to make a melee style map with multiple races (like any wannabe creator would do first). And yes it involves Naga.

But I want it to be legit, not some half-assed reused units that just have a different name, but all fresh and yet still WarCrafty.

Now I do know… more or less… how to get all the models icons, loading screen, edit spells and tech. But I got no idea how get a legit race selection. What I mean by that is either:

1. In battlenet map lobby the player is able to choose between all the customraces. And no not just the 4 let’s say 6 or 7.
2. Or when the game begins there is some dialog that says choose race. So when the player chooses Burning Legion for example a Town Hall and 5 Workers will spawn at his location.

How can I (if option 1) add more custom races to the selection in the lobby? If that’s not possible or too complex for a pleb, I would need to choose option 2. Which I also have no idea how to implement.

Keep in mind, I’m not skilled with the Trigger Editor.

Thanks very much in advance, I’ll be off to Amsterdam getting dat dank weed in meantime, cu

Status
Not open for further replies.