• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help, firebolt without stun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi!

I've been trying to create an ability which is just like stun but without the stun effect. Almost all the abilities which i an base it on have a stun effect, which i can't remove :/

I've also tried basing it on the Channel ability, but even if it has data for missile are and damage, i can't seem to make the ability acctualy 'cast' the missile and do damage.

The closes i've come is by basing this firebolt of mine on Death Coil. The only problem there is that when the target is hit, there is a very typicaly death coil 'explosion effect' on the target, which for some reason i can't seem to remove with any of the sbilities options.

I really need help here :/

Level 19
as I noticed
There is no Targeted Missle Damage Ability in Wc3

Suggestion: Use acid bomb with X base damage and 0 interval damage and make duration 0.01

Level 3
I did that, i think. I removed every Stats - Effect it had, and also Art - Special is empty. I don't know what else that could be :/ The effect appears as a green light around the target... i'm not sure but maybe it's a buff or something that death coil puts on it?

I could upload the map , because obviously i'm doing something wrong and i can't find it :/

Need_O2, i'm going to try your method and see how it works.

Level 3
What ady_illidan made me think...

Even if for some reason the original Firebolt causes stun without any chosen effect or buff, then setting it's duration to 0.01 makes it basicaly unnoticable :) good enough for me :) Thanks ady_illidan :)

Also i think that if you set a new 'empty' buff/effect on the spell to 'replace' the non-existing but still there stun effect, it should 'cancel' it.

Problem solved, if you ask me :)

Level 19
Never played warcraft 3 before ?
Channeling ...

like Death and decay
stunning stops from channeling
and it stops an unit from moving >.<

Level 3
Not that much of a noob.... Thanks, now i know what you mean.

I don't really mind, besides as said replacing the effect with something else should solve that problem, should it ever prove to be one.

Level 3
Allright, i didn't know that.

Still i don't really mind. This ability is ment for player controlled heroes. The mobs they will be facing won't really have any chaneling abilities as far as we have designed... So as said, it should not prove a problem, and if it does, i will replace it with a acid bomb or shadow strike based.

Status
Not open for further replies.