• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rapid Firebolt Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I've been playing around trying to make this spell, but it doesn't seem to work.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (ability being cast) Equal to dummy spell
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 dummyunit for (owner of(triggering unit)) at (position of(triggering unit)) facing (facing of (triggering unit)) degrees
    • Unit - Add Firebolt (neutral hostile) to (last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (last created unit) to neutral - firebolt (target unit of ability being cast
    • Wait .15 seconds
And I repeat the above a few times. It always casts 1 firebolt and then just doesn't. I want to do it this way because if I set a pick units loop, it just does an aoe spread of firebolts.

So.. If I can figure out how to get the dummy units to actually cast their firebolts instead of doing nothing, I can do the whole animation bit easily.

So what's wrong with the trigger above? does wait just not work well with this type of thing?

Level 2
Ah sweet! Thanks Huurka, it works now. Took a little while to figure out how to work an integer loop, but now that I know it'll be a useful tool. I think I did the whole +rep thing right.

Status
Not open for further replies.