• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help - Blink Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys.
My trigger seems to be working well so far, it's supposed to create a aoe explosion on impact. And that it does, but:

- I can't find a way to restrict the damage from the trigger (my hero and units also take damage)

- I can't find a way to make the damage go off the second my hero lands, the hero wants to stand there for 1 second before the "explosion" comes (There's a delay between landing and the trigger damage)

Here's the Trigger:

-------------Event---------------
A unit finishes casting an ability
-----------Condition-------------
Ability being cast equal to Blink Strike
------------Actions--------------
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in (Region centered at (Position of (Casting unit)) with size (300.00, 300.00)) using units/NightElf/WispExplode.mdl

Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at (Center of (Region centered at (Position of casting unit)) with size (300.00, 300.00)) dealing 100 damage of attack type spells and damage type universal

Thanks in advance.
Yours truly
Mr. Plunders :)

Level 22
Use a group and apply damage individually. I don't think the current one your using can filter out units.

Level 8
Use a group and apply damage individually. I don't think the current one your using can filter out units.

Owh, that sucks :) Never really been able to make my own variables. but thanks for a quick response. I'll figure something out, or maybe someone has another solution :) i was thinking.

Is it possiple to turn my hero invulnerable per trigger, only as long as the spell does damage?

And what about the delay on the damage?

Level 22
Well you could add the ability 'Avul' or Invulnerable (something like that) to your hero before you do the damage, then after that you could remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.