• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Need help balancing units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey,

I'm creating an island themed altered melee, using the original four factions. I thought I could just use the organic ships (transport,frigate,battleship) that go with each race that are already in the editor. but it seems they are grossly overpowered in comparison to the standard melee lineup.

I am looking for advice on what to change their stats to in order to make them "balanced".

thanks!

Level 27
Transport ships have 1500 hit points, which is almost three times the hit points of Goblin Zeppelins. I would suggest something between 600 and 725 hit points and increase their gold cost to 200.

Frigates should have more hit points (maybe 625 or 650) and at least some armor but less damage. Reducing their gold cost to 220 or 230 and increasing the food cost to 3 should help improve balance.

The most challenging will be the Battleships. I think you should reduce the damage and attack range and modify the attack cooldown to something similar to siege units (3 or 4 seconds). After that, reduce their gold cost to 450 and add 5 to food cost.

You should also reduce their movement speed to 270 for Transports and Frigates and 220 for Battleships.

Status
Not open for further replies.