• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] gold sapping spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey there,

For an altered melee I'm working on I'm giving one of the heros a spell where he makes gold-sapping wards.

I'm trying to decide how much gold per-second they steal from nearby players (you put them near buildings and they steal gold from the owners of the building). i want this to be useful and exploitable, but not completely broke and imba. you should need to stack a nice number of wards on a player before actually nullifying their income.

would be happy for some opinions how much gold to sap per second for each of the 3 levels of ward. thanks!

[and don't answer that the balanced thing to do would be to nix this ability completely.a. I know. B. balanced is a relative term, and there are many ....quirky abilities in this map...]

Status
Not open for further replies.