• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to balance item costs with team income?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi, I am working on a map with team-income and I don know how to balance the item costs. The player send units to gain more income and therefore you get more income if there are more players.

I could simply make the income to X/Amount of Players but then I can't put the income number not into the tooltip of the unit. (unless I write exactly this but thats ugly)

Any input is appreciated.

Level 21
I would use dummy items or units which only appeared to be what the player was purchasing but was removed immediately after purchased. It would then bring up a dialog with the calculated price and ask if the player wants to purchase it at that price like in this example map.

Attachments

• Dialog Purchase.w3x
    12.1 KB · Views: 52
Level 12
Well you only need to let the players know once that their income is split for all players. Then you can keep the numbers for the income. You could list the team income somewhere (perhaps a multiboard) and update the team income with the full amounts. When the players receive their income bonus, they get their share of the total income rather than the number displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.