• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

NEED AWESOME NEW SPELLS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
:twisted:

I have some awesome ideaas for spells. I'll start with 3 of them.

Lightning Arrow:
An arrow that when it hits the target, splits into a forked lightning doing _ amount of damage. On hit of the fork lightning, the targets are purged.

Exploding Arrow:
An arrow that when it hits the target, explodes on impact doing _ amount of damage with _ AOE.

Burrow Abilities:
While burrowed, can impale/strike (teleports to the target impale area, but still is burrowed.), unburrow with AOE damage, and while burrowed can do ultimate attack (10 AOE waves doing _ damage in _ seconds, while slowing/damaging targets).

Also~!

Looking for someone to design werewolf; at day normal person, but night shifts into a wolf. Abilities include on attack give werewolf poison (makes the target become a werewolf during the night), Hunter of the Night (speed but only active during night), Control of the Weak (charm on units with 300 max hp or less), and Dimensional Hunt (teleports to specific target with unlimited range, gives werewolf poison, stuns, purges, and does _ damage).

If anyone could do any of these requests, I'd be very grateful and would give full credit in my map.

Thanks! Please send me a PM if you can!

Level 2
Daelin said:
Lightning Arrow - pretty interesting.

Exploding Arrow - cough cough, Diablo.

Burrow - This sounds like Darky's Burrow. Just take his.

Werewolf spell - I am already working on it. ;)
okay cool

er Daelin, cud u provide a direct link for burrow>? i can't seem to find it under the spell section. i did however find vexorians version, but its different.

um the_raven

i havent found the lycanthropy spell. can u post a direct link :?:

Level 10
Nah i wouldn't use Darky's. It pauses and makes invult the hero, which kind of removes the whole purpose of being burrowed. It also doesn't have a fail-safe mechanisme that allows you to undo whenever needed. Unless you know Jass and all that, I suggest basing the ability off of Burrow (a modified burrow) and simply trigger it so it actiavtes your ultimate under while burrow has been casted. As for the regular impale, simply give your underground unit an AoE dummy ability and move him after he's casted, imput some art, and damage with triggers of something.

As for the multi attack, do you want it targetable to an area of actiavtable in which case you attack random enemies close by? That way you could to it, you make it, you'll need a dummy spike unit with a dummy thunderclap ability. All you have to do is create and destroy the spike unit in a line towards the target point or targeted enemy and as the unit is summoned, give it a timer and have it cast the warstomp which will deal the damage+ slow that you would want just as it dies from timer.

That's a very poor,. yet doable description of how you can make it. If you give me a few days (can't do it right now) i can make a base for you that you can use as your own.

As for the purging arrow, you'll need 1-2 dummy units,: one to pruge the primary and another to individually purge each random unit (you can't purge the unit's randomly by trying to detect who got hit by the forcked lightning, so you have to make each seperate lightning bolt do it for you.

Thta's all i can think of. As for the explosion arrow, i have a similar spell, but it affects ground units. Aside from that, since their's no single target non-stunning ability, you have to make one. You'd need a dummy unit with a sphere ability for missile effect and simply just make a sfx w/ tirggers, plus use the deal damage new trigger (not in AoE put pick every unit within AoE of hit unit and deal X damage). Hope that helps.

Level 2
awesome

Thanks guys. I'll look for the spells and I'm thinking of posting more of my spell ideas up here. I'll try and get em up asap. Anyhow, I'm going to check that lycanthrope ability and see how it goes :wink:

Level 2
re:spells

okay. um for multi-shot i think ill just use vex's or barrage. for the explode arrow ill see wut i can find.

anyhow, the burrow is my 2nd biggest concern and it seems that i cant find exactly wut i like :(

i also took a look at the lycanthrope spell.

it was horrible and it had so many problems. :x

Level 10
Well, for the lycathrope, you set these things according to the time. There are triggers that check the time, and determine the time of day so simply set it that when the hour is proportional to night time, to hide you're main char, and replace him with the werewolf model and add a nice effect to smooth it out. If you don't need to keep the origional unit (he's just a reg unit that turns into werefolf) then it's even easier as you simply have to replace the two units every time. I think that will work

Level 11
Hmm... As I said before I tried to make one as well but... I had to formatt my harddisk and lost EVERYTHING. :cry: Oh well...

As for Darky's spell, did you download the campaign "Return of the Dragons"? You can find it in the map download section, campaign subsection. Just load the campaign in the campaign editor and grab the first map. Look for Burrow then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.