• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need a trigger worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
anybody can tell me how to do this? in gui please?

need a trigger system, that does the following:

hero picks up powerup "item H", his armor temporarily (but with infinit time limit) increases by 1. i dont want his base armor to be affected, so that any "double armor" ability is unaffected by this bonus.

i could make a trigger that just removes all abilities XYZ from the hero manipulating the item, checks the current armor bonus stored in an integer, then adds an ability that adds X+1 armor to the base where X is the bonus that the hero had before picking up the "item H", but that is probably the ugly and stupid way to do it.

Level 9
by "temporary with no time limit" i mean i want the effect to remain on the unit for 99999 seconds.

what you suggest can not be done because the ability cast upon the hero by the dummy will not cause the armor bonus to stack. thanks anyway

Level 12
It's supposed to be powerup, so he can't use permanent item ability.
I dan another idea over time, using a technology: just create a 99-level research with "Apply armor bonus" effect, set "Armor bonus" of all heroes to 1 and add this upgrade to the "Upgrades used" field, and increase research level every time hero picks up the item (this works in case player has only one hero-otherwise it would increase armor of all heroes)

Status
Not open for further replies.