1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need a Model Viewer/ Editor

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by OverClocked, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:42 PM.

1. OverClocked

OverClocked

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anybody know a reliable Model Viewer that stays up to date and works with the current patch?

2. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. OverClocked

OverClocked

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doesn't work. It keeps giving me this error on startup.

2020.03.27-08.19.png

4. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Open the .exe not the .jar.

That error only appears at startup, but it should still work, see this reply by Retera (Retera's Model Studio).

5. OverClocked

OverClocked

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see. It does seem to work after showing the error.
    The reason i chose to open .jar one is because the .exe window appears to be a lot smaller and not correctly sized. I hope that doesn't cause problems

I think i found the solution to my problem, thanks.

6. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The technical reason behind this is that double clicking the jar launches with your computer's copy of the Java libraries, which are most likely version 10 or 11 or so and do automatic pixel scaling. The built in java version used by the EXE is Java 8.

So if I tell the program to use 12 point font and draw a rectangle size 100, it uses a 24 point font and draws a rectangle size 200. This used to mess up the 3d window significantly due to compatibility issues but it is possible that they are fixed for Java 11 now because od changes I made to my code in the past year. I do not personally run the program with Java 11 recently because that causes it to crash on Linux. But on Windows it will most likely still work.