• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a little help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I tried changing the Grunt's model for the Burning Blade's Grunt model using MPQ Editor, but for some reason it just doesn't appear in game, can somebody give me a hand? (Yes, this is probably a novice question and yes, replacing the game archives is a bad move, but it's just something that I like doing, I don't understand why it isn't working since some models, like Jaina's for example, can be replaced and it work's perfectly). Anyway, sorry if I posted in the wrong thread and thanks for taking your time into looking at this, I just didn't knew what to do anymore, so I thought I should ask someone for assistance.

Level 23
If the old model appears, it means you didn't replace the model. As simple as that. If you overwrite the file inside the mpq, wc3 has no way of having that model data be anything else.
So, make sure you replaced the correct file. Many models have multiple locations, or appear in both tft and roc mpqs.
As you said modifying these is a bad idea anyway. There is support for custom mpqs in game root since last patches, so just add a fresh mpq with the same paths. I'm not sure if it still needs to be named a certain way.
I don't see how this problem fits in this category tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.