• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing Models in War3.mpq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all Hello to all the readers of this message.
I'll get directly to the problem:
I'm replacing models in the War3.mpq , War3x.mpq and so on , so far i managed to swap a few models(example: Replaced Kiljaeden.mdx and Kiljaeden_Portrait.mdx with some outside the mpq models but renaming the new models with the names of the old ones.)
The problem is this: I tried to replace units\undead\skeleton\skeleton.mdx with a model , but whatever i do the model remains the same meaning the old skeleton.(ex: replaced Skeleton.mdx with ball.mdx , but in warcraft i get the old skeleton model)
My Question is: How can i fix this , for Warcraft to see the new Skeleton.mdx because other programs like W3 Viewer , Mago's Model Editor are detecting the new model while Warcraft or World Editor gives me the old model.

ThankYou in advance!!

P.S: THe program i'm using to replace the models is MPQmaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.