• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing terrain and doodads by MPQ editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi there,
for my current map I have two different versions. The first one I sent to my friend for changing the terrain and placing doodads and the second one I was working on.
Now I want to replace "war3map.w3e" (terrain) and "war3map.doo" (doodads) in my version but afterwards the JNGP editor says "data is corrupted in "war3map.w3e"".
It might be related to the MPQ tool "MPQMaster" since I tried it the other way around (adding all files except terrain and doodads to the first version) and it said ""war3map.wts" is corrupted" although I could open the file properly using "MPQMaster" itself.
The only difference I could observe was the compressed file size of the file (terrain). I even disabled encryption and seeding options in "MPQMaster".

Is there any better MPQ editor out there or any other ways I could try to add the two files?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to transfer the following files to copy terrain.
war3map.shd, war3map.wpm and war3map.w3e

war3map.shd is the shadow map that is tied to the terrain. This file can be left out but will likely generate a "Shadow map is corrupt" error.
war3map.wpm is the terrain pathing map. It has to match the terrain in dimensions otherwise there will be serious problems (probably crashes or corruption errors).
war3map.w3e is the terrain mesh file. It is here that the map demensions (and thus pathing map and shadow map dimensions) are defined.

Level 23
You need to transfer the following files to copy terrain.
war3map.shd, war3map.wpm and war3map.w3e

war3map.shd is the shadow map that is tied to the terrain. This file can be left out but will likely generate a "Shadow map is corrupt" error.
war3map.wpm is the terrain pathing map. It has to match the terrain in dimensions otherwise there will be serious problems (probably crashes or corruption errors).
war3map.w3e is the terrain mesh file. It is here that the map demensions (and thus pathing map and shadow map dimensions) are defined.

The problem was resolved, it was because of the (attributes) file. What are you doing here?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The problem was resolved, it was because of the (attributes) file. What are you doing here?
No where was it clear that it was resolved. He only said thanks which might have meant that he still had to try it.

Fact still remains that he needs to copy the pathing map accross or risk pathing bugs as WE does not always do a good job rebuilding pathing from the terrain (an example being the water with broken pathing problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.