• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help: Magos' Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am trying to access the archer model in war3.mpq with Magos' Model Editor, but I am having problems.

Details:

1. With Magos open, I open the MPQ browser.
2. I click "File", then "War3.mpq".
3. Instead of bringing up a list of folders, etc.(like it is correctly doing with war3x.mpq), it just shows a text file named (listfile).
4. If I open (listfile), it opens in Notepad, displaying a vast block of filenames such as: ReplaceableTextures\Seblctions\SeblctioCircSeLarge.abp, Sound\Dialogue\Humaioampaigne\Huma06nea0VilplrgrF57.am3p, etcetera.
5. I say, "What the hell...."

Anyone have any idea why I can't browse my war3.mpq? Is it because I have TFT installed? The game still runs normally, and as I said before, I can browse war3x.mpq just fine.

Assistance, please.

Edit: I have v1.21b installed.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmm, my version is 1.02.

Thanks Kitabatake, that just may help; I'll try it.

Edit:
try this MPQ browser/viewer :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/tools/6/
I have TFT and 1.21a version

Thanks, skrab, but I tried W3Viewer before I got Magos'(downloaded from that very link as well). It wouldn't even start for me, so I posted a thread asking for help with it, and Wolverabid suggested I switch to Magos'.

Last edited:
Level 2
Just tried Magos' v1.05. Did the same thing, so it must be a problem with my war3.mpq. I did install a no-cd crack a while back when I let a friend borrow my cd, but I later uninstalled it, so I don't know if maybe that's causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.