• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

neat way to differ between physical and magic damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey guys ;D

first of all happy new near to you all :thumbs_up:

then to the question...

i wanna do custom crit,evasion,lifesteal and other orb effects,block, and so on and some of them shall differ between physical and magic dealt damage so i can make a magic and a physical crit system for example...

so...all spells will be triggered but i search for a neat way of checking whether the damage dealt is magic or not...

i thought of using 2 different damage types and checking the damage type when the damage is dealt but AFAIK checking the damage type isnt possible so i refused that idea...

so and now im out ideas who would be not that much work to do and work nice, lagless and leakless.

so post your ideas or (if you have one) a working nice way;D

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

Level 17
maybe you do a boolean. what i mean is:
  • Set Boolean = True
  • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Target dealing XY damage
  • Set Boolean = False
now in your damage detect trigger you can check if boolean is true while damage taken.
(for example if you dont want to have a crit on a magic source just do the condition Boolean = False)

Level 9
oh right...your system ^^ i totally forgot about it ^^ will take a look at it ^^

if needed am i allowed to customize it and extend it to fit to my needs?

Level 17
hey guys ;D

first of all happy new near to you all :thumbs_up:

then to the question...

i wanna do custom crit,evasion,lifesteal and other orb effects,block, and so on and some of them shall differ between physical and magic dealt damage so i can make a magic and a physical crit system for example...

so...all spells will be triggered but i search for a neat way of checking whether the damage dealt is magic or not...

i thought of using 2 different damage types and checking the damage type when the damage is dealt but AFAIK checking the damage type isnt possible so i refused that idea...

so and now im out ideas who would be not that much work to do and work nice, lagless and leakless.

so post your ideas or (if you have one) a working nice way;D

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

read the last comments
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-engine-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/index17.html

also u can check the inventory link in my signature, there i made alot stat :p
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/advanced-inventory-item-stats-227708/

Status
Not open for further replies.