• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nazi Zombies!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: triptick
A zombie survival game. The map is based in 2 houses and there gardens. The idea for making this game was "COD world at war" with thier bonus level "Nazi Zombies" It is a 4 player game but 2 extra people can play as zombies if the host decides to play Survival mode. The other mode that you can choose to play is classic, this is where you have 11 rounds of zombies to survive. The zombies get more hit poins as you up the level. Infected Zombies start to clash in to the game infecting the survivers. Along with many extras such as Hell Hounds, Blinkers, Smokers, Splitters and Hitler at the very end of wave 11. You get points for killing zombies the more points you get the better guns you can buy. and expand the area you survive in. I have used many models from Hive.

This is my first map and i would like people to test it and tell me if there is anything wrong with it or tell me how i could make it better, maybe give me a few pointers, before i make my next map.

Thanks Hive :D

Keywords:
Zombies, Survival, Left 4 dead, nazi,
Contents

Nazi Zombies! (Map)

Reviews
14:39, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
Review

I'm going to start with some Advice
You could have a better cast system you should look at a map called
Toy Soldiers it has a nice projectile system

A little bit of zombie diversity is possible and would be quite easy (ex. in cod WaW there are some zombies faster than others)

Pros
:thumbs_up:
  1. Very Unique:wink:
  2. Fun to play:wink:
  3. Makes good use of the Wc3 engine to make the baracades, and guns and abilities:wink:

Cons:thumbs_down:

1. Gun attachments dont fit properly on the models
  2. how to revive is not well explained (well i got it but the others in game did not)
  3. All zombies look the same ( you could make it so like 1 in 6 zombies has a attachemnt of a body is his hand or blood dripps, using a trigger that creates random integers then a if integer = X then add ability to unit)

Verdict
7 Winking Orcs Out Of 10
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:/:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Last edited:
Level 4
kk sry didnt notice about the speed, but for a cast system i mean that hitting F to fire a weapon works well for singleshot weapons
but not automatics, you could look at a map like warlocks or toy soldiers as they have a fire system that shoots the bullets but they stop after hitting 1 target and can shoot multiple projectiles

Level 3
zomg NAZIS oh no worse NAZI ZOMBIES!
thx for the map looking forward for updated version.
btw ill was going to make one but i started a new project.

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A modern survival map in which you are a soldier and you try to survive the onslaught of zombies.

[+]Your map file size is fine, and your idea is original.
[-]Your gun-shoot system was nice, but i noticed a few bugs.For example, i could pick 2 guns then drop 1 and then i woudln't have the shoot ability although i still have 1 gun in my inventory.
[-]You have to balance your map, i think its a bit hard to survive right now.
[-]I also noticed a few "green icons".This means you didn't import the DISBTN file of the icon, or you imported them wrong.
[-]You only have a few guns, try to add more of them and a few different abilties.Have you thought of adding any special events-items drops to keep players from getting bored?
[-]Your terrain is very simple and you haven't edited the most part of the map.Soldiers need more space to build barricades.
[-]Your descriptions is lacking, improve it.Some tooltips were also missing.
[-]Your map was unprotected so i looked over your triggers.For god's sake you don't even use a single variable, you have a ton of leaks.After a few minutes of game time your map will lag and eventually crash.
[-]Map author name is invalid.

Overall rating:1/5 - vote for rejection
I would suggest you to learn more about World Editor and then keep editing your maps.First, try to read tutorials about how to use variables and how to prevent leaks.
~ r3

Last edited: