• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Natheras

At last, I've finished this one, It is a Runeblade my Death Knight naga should be using, but i thought to give it to you as an attachment.

The Runeblade is called Natheras (ingame textures now, sorry Kazzo u_u)
I hope i aligned it good. it was made to be held by a naga Myrmidon or Royal guard.
The blade animation looks better in game than in Magos :3

So.. give credits to Misha if you use this model.
enjoy

~Misha~

fixes
Cut down the poly count
bulked up a bit
Ingame texture u MoFoS :D

Keywords:
Rune, Blade, Runeblade, Natheras, Death, Knight, Deathknight, Naga, Misha,
Contents

Natheras (Model)

Reviews
15:12, 31st Mar 2010 DonDustin: I have to agree with Amigurumi. The face count is too high for an attachment and I also don't think that a custom texture is needed. DonDustin: much better now, but I think you should talk to Kazzo to reduce the...

M

15:12, 31st Mar 2010
DonDustin: I have to agree with Amigurumi. The face count is too high for an attachment and I also don't think that a custom texture is needed.

DonDustin: much better now, but I think you should talk to Kazzo to reduce the file size of the texture a bit(~50kb seem a bit too much to me for an attachment texture)

8th may 2010:
Changes are made, model approved.

Level 26
I agree with what was said above. Custom texture seems unnecessary, and it increases the filesize of the model drastically for an attachment. (you have to put the skin in your map if you want to use it, so it is still a 70kb attachment) I would suggest getting rid of the custom texture and finding a good ingame one. Polycount still seems a bit high... i dunno. Also i would suggest not using the UI /woodmetaltrim texture for the handle, it's detailed wood is so small/detailed that ingame it would kind of smear into a brown blob from faraway. Also, the lightning is going very fast, on prior frostmourne models and deathnight rune blades, they sort of pulsed with a slow deadly power...

I like it though, its a cool idea and i cant wait to see the deathnight naga you have planned :D. good luck with it.

I agree with what was said above. Custom texture seems unnecessary, and it increases the filesize of the model drastically for an attachment. (you have to put the skin in your map if you want to use it, so it is still a 70kb attachment) I would suggest getting rid of the custom texture and finding a good ingame one. Polycount still seems a bit high... i dunno. Also i would suggest not using the UI /woodmetaltrim texture for the handle, it's detailed wood is so small/detailed that ingame it would kind of smear into a brown blob from faraway. Also, the lightning is going very fast, on prior frostmourne models and deathnight rune blades, they sort of pulsed with a slow deadly power...

I like it though, its a cool idea and i cant wait to see the deathnight naga you have planned :D. good luck with it.

Ouh.. quite a comment it is.. Ouo

well.. I'd still insist on using the custom texture, as a certain person has worked hard on it..
about the polycount.. well the previous was like.. double that xD so this is good.
about the woodmetaltrim... well this is a cinematic model, kinda. it should be showing the details up close.
and the lightning... I'm not too sure how to slow it down.. I still don't understand the texture animations that much.. perhaps with help.. '~'

EDIT: The texture is what i was going for.. there isn't any good ingame texture. at least to me..

Level 11
I don't know what was the precious poly count, but 300 is very good. I have an attachment with 350+ and it got approved. Although it doesn't have a custom texture.

As for the attachment it self, I like it, GJ :D
5/5

EDIT: Um, I can't rate, because when i hover the mouse over the rate thing it starts flashing, and doesn't allow me to rate...

Level 13
Some feedback; no custom texture, I think it's absolutely possible to create a similar look with in-game textures. I personally don't like the shape very much and the handle doesn't fit. Wood isn't the right choice for a blade with dark metal and blu crystal thingy edges.
Otherwise good work and with some improvements it will be awesome! +rep

Level 23
I personally don't like the shape very much and the handle doesn't fit. Wood isn't the right choice for a blade with dark metal and blu crystal thingy edges.
Your right. The blade needs thickening, and possibly a bit of re-structuring, and the handle needs to be metal. A wooden handle does not help inspire fear of the "unbreakable, soulstealing blades" :/ Metal, however, does, as it is less likely to shatter or be axed in two, rendering the blade less effective.

I say this because, while it looks nice, it also looks farely brittle. Might as well be using a polearm. :/ Double-bladed "staves" tend to have thicker blades. Mannooth is an example of this. His blades are nice and thick.

Some feedback; no custom texture, I think it's absolutely possible to create a similar look with in-game textures. I personally don't like the shape very much and the handle doesn't fit. Wood isn't the right choice for a blade with dark metal and blu crystal thingy edges.
Otherwise good work and with some improvements it will be awesome! +rep
so.. you suggest that i discard the skin a guy has made for me and use ingame textures which absolutely do NOT fit? Imho..
Your right. The blade needs thickening, and possibly a bit of re-structuring, and the handle needs to be metal. A wooden handle does not help inspire fear of the "unbreakable, soulstealing blades" :/ Metal, however, does, as it is less likely to shatter or be axed in two, rendering the blade less effective.

I say this because, while it looks nice, it also looks farely brittle. Might as well be using a polearm. :/ Double-bladed "staves" tend to have thicker blades. Mannooth is an example of this. His blades are nice and thick.
with respect, the blades that Mannoroth wields, are dumb bulk and ugly, if you ask me. However.. i think i should change and buff up the handle part. won't promise anything 'bout blade...
Nice idea, bad work
why thank you, this made me laugh.......Not. :hohum:

Level 23
With respect, the blades that Mannoroth wields, are dumb bulk and ugly, if you ask me. However.. i think i should change and buff up the handle part. won't promise anything 'bout blade...

Yes, well, I agree that Mannaroth's blades are ugly. But I am not saying to replace the blades on yours, with his. I just think thatm for a practical weapon, it would need to be a little thicker in areas. I'm not asking for you to add giant cleavers to it, but I am noting it's current size and shape could make for a brittle, easy-to-break weapon. :/

Example: A powerful enough hit would snap it in two with ease. And that would be from a normal warrior, not some epic beast. Besides, runeblades gain their power, their purpose through the sets of runes placed upon them. That is where they get their soul-draining powers. This weapon has none that I can see. So, it is currently a glowing, brittle sword. Sure, it is an excellent concept for a sword, but it is incredibly weak in it's current state. It needs to be physically buff. Each thin spot in between the middle spikes is a pressure point. A single hit there could weaken the integrity of the sword greatly, and needs to be reinforced.

Attachments

• Netheras weaknesses.png
    Netheras weaknesses.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 296
Level 1
Hey, In the Picture There is a Sword-like Natheras, but when I download it's a Twin-Bladed
Natheras, So, I really LikedThe Sword one By looking at the picture, Could you send me it? If you deleted it or something, Nvm.

Level 16
If I were you, I would change the model editor picture, it looks very different than the real structure of the weapon, at the end not bad, but i think it could be better with more details in the blades. It hasn't got to be 100+ of poly count, maybe another material with an other texture will be perfect :D

For me it deserves a 4/5.