• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Naruto Shippuuden AoS/Footmen Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm taking over an already existing project because the original maker was inept.
Yes Naruto Shippuudden maps have been done too much, but what the hell its rare that someone makes one that is fun, balanced, does not suffer from fatal errors and can be finished in as little as 30 minutes or as long as ah hour and a half.

The premise for this is a normal Footmen wars layout, units spawn you have one hero, you kill to get gold.
HOWEVER I want to take this project and make it so the basic units rally to the middle and are unselectable (using the locust ability), that way no one can run in the middle with only heroes for 50 minutes (yes Ive seen that happen in footmen games and it always pisses me off)
There are no tiers, instead the footmen can be upgraded with passive skills and attack/defense/hp upgrades can also be purchased.

These are the custom heroes I will be adding (cuts WILL be made based upon size of map, so we have to prioritize the importance and popularity of the heroes)

Naruto (up to 4 tails)-already made
Sauske (not doing CS mode, he gets his newest tech tree instead)-already made
Jirariya
Itachi
Pein
Deidara-in progress
Kakashi
Neji
Sakura
Shino
Konan
Kisame
Sasori (including his hidden weapons form)
Kabuto
Tobi/Mandara
Iruka
Zetsu
Yamamoto
Sai
Kakuzu
Hinata
Hidan

Most of the map is finished other than some issues with importing the models and some spell/hero creation and some terrain adjustments.

So what is needed is an all around decent person/persons to help with these areas.
Or people who specialize in these areas.

Terrain redesign (major priority)
Hero/Spell Design based upon the Naruto Magna (screw the anime-major priority)
Basic trigger making skills (need to set up the rally system)

If we have the skills and time to do so I'd love to put in a attack comand system.
So you can type -attack "insert team name" and all of your units will be given the attack command to that location.
Alternately I'd like to set up that system using a wisp and circles of power like Starcraft Zone Control has.

I'd put up screen shots but I'm going to the corner store to pick up some candy and pop. When I get back I'll put some up.

Level 6
What's up with anime / manga maps being so fun to make, 90% of them are never finished anyways. I won't even say goodluck, all I say is Naruto = Die.

most aren't finished, and secondly don't be rude.
If you don't support it then don't bother posting.

This is a serious project in the mid-early final creation, if I wasn't serious I wouldn't continue this project to the late stages.

Level 15
Never meant to be rude in any way, just saying that naruto maps do not belong in WC3, in my opinion make a original storyline and create new characters, naruto is just meeh..

Just because you don't like Naruto doesn't mean you have to whine about it. If you don't think Naruto belongs on Warcraft III, then I could just as easily say that DotA doesn't and every other map doesn't because they're not canon to Warcraft storylines.

Level 6
Never meant to be rude in any way, just saying that naruto maps do not belong in WC3, in my opinion make a original storyline and create new characters, naruto is just meeh..

Ok as long as you weren't meaning to be rude I won't take offense :)
The only reason why I'm doing this is because I like the skill sets Naruto characters have, plus its much easier to balance an already existing skill set rather than making a whole new one and having to go through 50 versions before you get a semi balanced system (ahem footmen frenzy anyone?)
Plus slapping a bunch of Naruto models in a quick game kind of map with a balanced game play is what the masses want and I don't want to have a map that no one cares about or plays.
So I understand yous side of this, but I'm going to go ahead with this anyhow because a good NAruto map is exactly what Naruto needs in the world of warcraft (because one doesn't exist and AoS maps just suck period)

Level 6
Originalmapworkingmodels.jpg

Heres SOME of the models I'm using.
I don't want to give away too much just yet.

Level 6
ummmm, whos the pink guy on the left....?:eekani:

a clay clone.
Not using that though along with summons that they have (to save room) Also Sauske gets his newest tech tree and does NOT have CS.

On another note
these heroes have been finished, including skill sets.
Naruto
Sauske
Deidara
Gaara
Jiraiya
Itachi
Kisame
Kakashi

next on the list is Oro

Buildings now look like Kohona buildings and they have been made to spawn Naruto Appropriate units with Naruto appropriate skills. (still have to set up the rally point trigger and make those units not selectable)

Last edited:
Level 6
Naruto
Sauske
Deidara
Gaara
Jiraiya
Itachi
Kisame
Kakashi
Oro
Sakura

These are all done now.

screenshot.jpg

IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A TERRAINER!

Level 2
I can help you get the terrains done. I haven't published any finished maps but I've been conducting a few experiments on World Editor and I got the hang of it alright. Before learning how to manipulate the object and trigger managers, I designed many LoTR and Wheel of Time templates, send your map over to me on [email protected] and give me thorough details on how you want your map to look like and I'll send it back to you. But I want Sherlockian@Azeroth credited in your map once it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.