• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Footmen Wars (A balanced one for once) Need a trigger man/woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'll skip right to the point.
Terrain 100%
Heroes 100%
Skills 85%
Tiers 5%
Items 15%
My triggers are a mess, I'm terrible with them and I can rarely get them to work.
However because its a footmen wars map they should be fairly easy to fix up.
Why would do you want to do this? Because my map has a theme that many maps have failed on and the Warcraft 3 community just keeps screaming for more and more of it: Naruto Shippuuden.
Why shouldn't you groan about this project? Because I have 14 custom hero models up and running with balanced abilities.
Heres some screen shots. (please note that my trigger shot IS in fact of triggers ripped off from another footmen map and I heave not displayed all custom models such as Naruto 4 tails and I have not displayed the custom icons either.)

screenshot1terrainlayout.jpg

screenshot2characters.jpg

ScreenShot3Triggers.jpg

So whos interested in this nearly finished project?

Level 12
I had the impression theres already footman wars maps. And a new ultimate footman is already in the making, and its mostly completed... So you have a lot of competetion and a bit behind.

But GL!!

Level 6
Thanks. I also left out a very specific detail that will set mine apart from others.
I'm making it so units auto rally to the middle and then split up into bases (kind of like how stronghold makes the units you build travel to the other two teams) and have the unit unselectable but still yours(so you can still collect bounty and upgrade tiers). This way it stops that annoying hero camping in the middle that "pro" players always do.
I think that that plus the balanced Naruto Shippuuden aspect will make the map a hit.
I also am encouraging Random use with the creation of two heroes that are normally unobtainable any other way CS2 Sauske, 4 Tails Naruto, Puppet Body Sasori and Sage Mode Jiraiya.
These heroes will have a slight advantage over other heroes but will have limited item slots.
I'll make CS2 Saukse a melee int based hero.
$ Tails Naruto will be a heavy hitter and a tank, but extremely slow (kind of like Avalanche but a little less ineffective since 4 tails Naruto won't have blink)
Puppet Body Sasori will have agi based and have skills themed on poison (will be a fast attacker, but won;t be able to take much damage)
Sage Mode Jir will be strength based and be an all around well rounded character capable of taking decent damage, giving decent damage and will have medium to high damage area effect skills but will not excel in any one area like the other three. Essentially it will be like having a normal hero with high damage skills available earlier that have pre requisites that is permanently in their first level of avatar.

Anyhow thats just a few ideas I have down on the table to separate my map from ones that are coming out.

Level 12
Thanks. I also left out a very specific detail that will set mine apart from others.
I'm making it so units auto rally to the middle and then split up into bases (kind of like how stronghold makes the units you build travel to the other two teams) and have the unit unselectable but still yours(so you can still collect bounty and upgrade tiers). This way it stops that annoying hero camping in the middle that "pro" players always do.
I think that that plus the balanced Naruto Shippuuden aspect will make the map a hit.
I also am encouraging Random use with the creation of two heroes that are normally unobtainable any other way CS2 Sauske, 4 Tails Naruto, Puppet Body Sasori and Sage Mode Jiraiya.
These heroes will have a slight advantage over other heroes but will have limited item slots.
I'll make CS2 Saukse a melee int based hero.
$ Tails Naruto will be a heavy hitter and a tank, but extremely slow (kind of like Avalanche but a little less ineffective since 4 tails Naruto won't have blink)
Puppet Body Sasori will have agi based and have skills themed on poison (will be a fast attacker, but won;t be able to take much damage)
Sage Mode Jir will be strength based and be an all around well rounded character capable of taking decent damage, giving decent damage and will have medium to high damage area effect skills but will not excel in any one area like the other three. Essentially it will be like having a normal hero with high damage skills available earlier that have pre requisites that is permanently in their first level of avatar.

Anyhow thats just a few ideas I have down on the table to separate my map from ones that are coming out.

I like the way you think...
Appeal to your audiences
I'm down

Just wondering, how did you set up the Footmen are unselectable?
Locust? :/

Level 7
Wait, how does not being able to control your troops make heroes less powerful? In my opinion, maps where you don't control your units takes a huge amount of strategy out of the game, and will put even MORE focus on heroes. And the secret random hero isn't really "separating you from the pack" cause other games already have that.

I don't mean to flame/troll, its just that I would not enjoy this game, when given the choice between this and footies, and I think you should rethink it. Put in as much depth as possible, which includes unit control.

EDIT: Really, now that I think about it this is more of an AOS than a footies. Your heroes go down lanes with uncontrollable, preset units and fight it out against other heroes. You decide whether to upgrade some of the units in your lane, or to buy items for your hero. So, really this sounds like a Naruto AOS (totally original...).

14 custom models is why I shouldn't groan? Models do not make the game.

Last edited:
Level 12
Wait, how does not being able to control your troops make heroes less powerful? In my opinion, maps where you don't control your units takes a huge amount of strategy out of the game, and will put even MORE focus on heroes. And the secret random hero isn't really "separating you from the pack" cause other games already have that.

I don't mean to flame/troll, its just that I would not enjoy this game, when given the choice between this and footies, and I think you should rethink it. Put in as much depth as possible, which includes unit control.

EDIT: Really, now that I think about it this is more of an AOS than a footies. Your heroes go down lanes with uncontrollable, preset units and fight it out against other heroes. You decide whether to upgrade some of the units in your lane, or to buy items for your hero.

Thats a good call
Hopefully he has summons to use as Blockades or Higher DpS count
-Like a Lavaspawn so that people cant just take 4 teams of twelve archers to focus fire on heroes (I do that alot) and it would take a little while to get that kind of DpS.
-and some speedy tank melee summons so that you can still trap enemy units when focused

But yeah, it does sound like an AoS only it would be 4 teams of three...
I could see it being fun but certianly would take away if you cant do those little tricks (and whatever other things can be done that I still haven't learned)....

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of Custom Heroes, then using Naruto Standard/secret chars.
But A famous quote tells me
Kicking Wing: No... because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.
Joe Dirt: Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer.

Level 6
Essentially its an AoS/Footmen hyrbid.
Yeah locust will be how I make them unselectable.(Thats how I made kakashi's wormhole Jutsu)

Thanks for the input but I still want to stick to the AoS/Footmen hybrid style as its never been done and proper development could yield a unique system that allows for an epic feel and generally fun map to both AoS and footmen players while keeping a balanced system that allows for momentum disruption regardless of how good of a player or how many times you have played.

I want the pros to have to try hard to win, even against the noobs.

Level 12
Essentially its an AoS/Footmen hyrbid.
Yeah locust will be how I make them unselectable.(Thats how I made kakashi's wormhole Jutsu)

Thanks for the input but I still want to stick to the AoS/Footmen hybrid style as its never been done and proper development could yield a unique system that allows for an epic feel and generally fun map to both AoS and footmen players while keeping a balanced system that allows for momentum disruption regardless of how good of a player or how many times you have played.

I want the pros to have to try hard to win, even against the noobs.

I dont think locust units are attackable :/
WHen I tried playing with them they weren't.
But it might have been different with you

Level 6
you added a lot of naruto heroes =O

Errr...ok? I'm trying not to be rude here so if I am its not intentional. Do you speak English as a first language because the context of what you say is almost random and doesn't fit sometimes. It makes it really hard to figure out if the comments are connected to another post or entirely separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.