• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naruto Shippuuden Footmen Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Maybe footmen wars isn't the best description, I'm trying to build a 4 team semi dota style game, where, like in footmen wars all troops meet in the middle but the big difference is the troops are not controlled by the player and are automatically rallied to bases and heroes are the only controlled unit. Unlike dota I want this map to focus mainly on Hero development with items taking a back seat to the heroes.
Like footmen wars I want the the ability to upgrade the troops sent (a tiered system with multiple tech trees) and unique items that augment heroes with required levels and required heroes to use them (So a Garaa item cannot be used by a Naruto) I have some very very basic work done on this project so far but I have all the models needed for the map which is a huge start already.

ALTERNATELY I am working on this as a pure bred footmen wars but lack the time to spend on all of the characters (triggers are set up already, mainly need help on the Hex Edit issue and the time consuming setting everything up aspect)
Anyone interested?

well here the list of what I have.

Chuo (Not sure)
Deidara (Good Quality)
4 Tailed Kyuubi (Its ok, seems a bit forced but it works)
Deidara Bird (Not good or bad, really bland like a clay bird should be)
Funin Monster (Good Quality)
Hidan (No clue)
Hinata (No clue)
Kakashi (Really, good quality)
Kakuzu (Bad quality)
Konan (No clue on the quality)
Neji (Godd quality, his hair even flaps around)
Pein (all 6 bodies)
Sasori's puppets (all of them)
Sasori (puppet body and normal body) (Good Quality, also have the bad quality version)
Sauske Shippuuden (Good quality one too)
Yamato (bad quality)
Zetsu (no clue haven't even touched this one)
Gaara (Good Quality) this one sin;t shippuuden though, although I'd love to see if there was a shippuuden one.
Itachi (Good Quality)
Kabuto (Good Quality)
Orochimaru (Good Quality)
Jiraiya (not sure, but this came with the rest of the good quality ones)
Kisame (good Quality)
Naruto SHippuuden (good quality also) (have the different tails for him as well)
Sakura (good Quality)
Shino (Good Quality)

The one problem I had was the pathing for most of these was not present but some nifty winglings were that didn't translate into a path.
So I need help with someone who knows how to work a hex edit program to find the pathings out.

I'd definitely be interested in changing my format as well, although if we follow the storyline we have to incorporate more action into the game play so players don;t get bored so easily.

Last edited:
Level 5
Y'know you can't just throw in a bunch of imported models. If the file size for the map is over 4 MB then you can't play it online. So go check; is it over 4 MB?

Level 3
Heres screen shots of what I have done so far.

I did post what I needed, I need someone who has knowledge of any hex edit program and who can help set up the heroes.
Triggering is done, unless we feel like we (we being myself and whoever helps) need to add something.

Heres screen shots of my model files (cant get them running without someone to work hex edit so I can get the specified pathing)
screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Heres a shot of the triggering

screenshot3.jpg

Heres a shot of the load screen which will be the last step (conversion and photoshopping it)

Possibleimageformap.jpg

And here is a shot of the terrain lay out so far which I'll probably change a bit as the format is getting old.

screenshot4.jpg

Level 4
Could you post screen shots of the actual models (not the folder, lol) espiecially the 4 tail ^^. I think you should put more time into the terrain? Cause it looks EXACTLY like footmen wars. I think you should spice it up a bit, give it a good naruto feeling. This is just an opinion.

PS : i've seen dat loading screen on another naruto map XD, just saying

Level 3
Could you post screen shots of the actual models (not the folder, lol) espiecially the 4 tail ^^. I think you should put more time into the terrain? Cause it looks EXACTLY like footmen wars. I think you should spice it up a bit, give it a good naruto feeling. This is just an opinion.

Alright, I just got some of the models up and running. and thats the plan. I want a similar feel as footmen wars but I want it to be unique.

Level 3
Well soethings gone buggy with the pathing, I set up all my models and they seemed to be fine, then I saved and reopened to get the Hidan model in and all of a sudden all the pathing is wrong (everything appears as the green square of doom) this could take a while to fix.

Level 3
eh I'll get it done right, the only issues I ever have is with the pathing. For some reason pathing hates me but even triggers like me (for the most part)
Want to help? Ive been working my ass off to get this up and running and the last bit is skill development and assembling the characters. (I'll change the terrain later)

Level 4
well i do wanna help but iam a total noob at triggers and i don know if i can help wit the pathing, i wanna help wit the terrain though whenever u wanna work on it.^^

i also haf a few naruto models though i think you already have then though XD

Level 3
well i do wanna help but iam a total noob at triggers and i don know if i can help wit the pathing, i wanna help wit the terrain though whenever u wanna work on it.^^

i also haf a few naruto models though i think you already have then though XD

Well add me to msn and lets talk business. [email protected] I'll send my map to you over there.

Level 4
well uchicha, i think this maps good cause personally i think that there is alot of AOS naruto maps out there (which is great ^^) so i suppose its good to do something diffrent and unique once in a while

wokwokwoowkowkokwoow

Level 4
well, i suppose the fact dat its naruto and dat he has other stuff planned for it, i think its pretty diffrent

this just opinion
wokwokowkowkowkow

Level 3
Basically I'm making an AoS and footmen wars hybrid.
You won't be able to control the footmen, however any bounty they receive goes to you and you can upgrade them just like normal footmen wars.
ISo every 15 seconds you get waves of Shinobi running into the center and having an all out abttle (each player gets a wave of 10 shinobi per 20 seconds) and the only unit you have full control over is your hero or mercinaries you buy.

SO footmen is a half correct title but I'm not sure what else to call this at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.