• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
um.. the red baron rode one of those red tri spoiler or whatever their called planes... with the 3 step like things right in front of the cockpit?

Level 13
He was a world war 1 biplane pilot. He downed loads of other pilots untill being downed himself late into the war (or so ive heard, worth looking up).

A good pilot, regardless.

Level 5
ohh cool.... i would love to see your game when it comes out....

and the reason of this thread:
I would like to be
-Captian Joe Smith
-Psychic operations Leader(rank 5 psy-mancer)
(if you want it realistic)
-Tatical ground/air operations(i would like to call in the paratroops and arial strikes and if you want orbital guns)

Level 34
Sounds cool, I'd be 1st Lieutenant Viper((if im being to modest, captain)) (my nick\code name)
(if you could)
I would like to be in a commando-esq squad or something*if its futuristic*, hence by this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1315/, wish you luck in your future endeavors!

Haha you got a lightbolt as a face [Roflmao's! XD]

So...

Name: First Lieutenant Scorch
Profession: Demolition Expert
Look: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3019/
Transport: http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=78858
Weapon: Standard Assault Rifle (Whatever it can be) with a gernadelauncher attached to it. Also carries Gernades and a knife (Which commando doesn't?)
Earned Name: Accidentally torching his eyebrows, that explains the 'Scorch' nickname.

Level 6
the way the Red Baron died was a bullet through the door and through his kidney - lung - heart and some other vital organs for what i remember then out the other end.. wasn't shot down by the engine failing but shot down by a heavy machine gun dude... I think :confused:

Level 35
the way the Red Baron died was a bullet through the door and through his kidney - lung - heart and some other vital organs for what i remember then out the other end.. wasn't shot down by the engine failing but shot down by a heavy machine gun dude... I think :confused:

Well actualy It was never confirmed who shot him down, he hunted a enemy airplane over enemy area, and some other airplane shot at him from behind, but he was also shot at from antiair cannons. The pilot flying the airplane behind the Red Baron always said he shot him.
Many also says that the Red Baron actualy was shot down, because he wanted to die, that he comitted suacide. Because normally he wouldnt fly over enemy area, but unknown why he did so.

Level 6
I have all your "requirements" in a word document so, you dont need to post your guy like 50 times (hyperbole)

[OFFTOPIC] Some people cant take the joke so I have to add the (hyperbole) sign no offense [OFFTOPIC]

Level 34
Looks nice. Looks nice. But I think it looks better when you put more height in it. If you know what I mean, since it looks kinda erh flat.

Level 34
Maybe try to get Illidan(Evil)X here, he can extract the max from low kbs. :)
Like his new tank for instance? :eek: 72kb for a highdetail tank! o_O Maybe you can get some hints from him.

Level 35
Maybe try to get Illidan(Evil)X here, he can extract the max from low kbs. :)
Like his new tank for instance? :eek: 72kb for a highdetail tank! o_O Maybe you can get some hints from him.

Dunno if you know... but poly count has nothing to do with size of model.... I can make a model with 1500 poly which is only 5 kb or so... whats makes filesize go up is mainly the skin.

But well lifted wings a bit... seems a bit better, although it is only a minor detail. Only problem wil be: How does I make a proper attack anim for it ;)

Edit:
Okay, a new WIP (Not final skin, and anims still need work.

Last edited:
Level 35
What do you mean? Used paint? ^^ More details please. :3

do you read my posts at all? This isnt final skin.. it is a WIP (Work In Progress)

The skin isnt made in paint, it is ingame texture..... I have some dude working on the real skin to it...

Please do stop advicing me.... when I know it already. Yes it lacks detail, well no wonder.... it is ingame texture.

the part in red, I want it in high resolution, seems I have smelt something hipoly there. Oh, and if you want me to de-hipoly your model, just pastebin and give me link in PM

Attachments

• f_redbaronm_73cae42.jpg
    f_redbaronm_73cae42.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 97
Level 6
Srry for the news guys but, the map will only contain a special model of the marines for the people who wanted to be marines or didn't have a specific model they wanted to be so.. either change your mind or forever hold you peace. =P lol jk on that forever hold your peace part. The reason why i'm making those specified people marines is becuase the models would take up too much KB, MB, GB on the long run. so yeah

Level 34
Hey, uhm guys I found somewhere some awasome marine models. And uhm.
It's on Wc3c and uhm... Uh..... Their made by Abriko you know and uh http://www.acathla.com/ it's a French site. =/ but SOMEWHERE (forgot where) there are some pics of awasome looking marines. 12/10 rated marines. But I can't find a link where I/we/you can download them T_T

Level 4
In case you guys are wondering about the status of Shaynne's map, it has been temporarily put on hold. Due to a lack of satisfactory school grades, he has been grounded by The Evil Parents.

I will however say that last I checked it was coming along rather well. He had gotten most of the attack waves complete, though there were a few balancing issues he needed to get fixed.:thumbs_up:

And in case you were all wondering, I'm his older brother.:hohum:

I also hope that me saying this won't get me in trouble with the moderators. *hides*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.