• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Idea for LOTR Map/Need Design Team

What do you think of the idea of SOME?

• I might play it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over my dead rotting corpse, would I ever play it

• Interesting idea needs work though

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, I have an idea for a LOTR map, but I would need help making some stuff for it. The basic idea of the map is: every game out there shows the Fellowship and a few others as the focus of the game, but this map idea is very different it would focus on a normal soldier; (or in the case of multiplayer, a few soldiers) your character would gain skills and ranks as he does better, once you reach a certain rank you can command a squad of soldiers.

My current ideas for ranks are:
Human:
Soldier
Sergeant
Shield Bearer (personal guard of the Lieutenant)
Lieutenant (commands a squad of Soldiers)
Captain (commands a squad of Soldiers and Sergeants)
Orc:
Scum
Grunt
Uruk Shield Bearer (personal guard of the Uruk Lieutenant)
Uruk Lieutenant (commands a squad of Scum)
Uruk Captain (commands a squad of Scum and Grunts)

*(these are subject to change)*

How you gain rank is by overachieving or consistently achieving your goals given to you by your commanding officers.

The objectives you are given will be determined by the mission you have selected.

There will be a wide variety of equipment that people can pick up: Humans can use Human, Orc, Elvish, or Dwarven equipment; Orcs can use Human, Orc, or Dwarven equipment.
Equipment can be found in storage tents or buildings or fallen from dead soldiers in the battlefield.

The name of the map would be "Soldiers of Middle Earth" (SOME) and it would be in third person view based from slightly behind the character.

I would need a few orcish weapons, a seige tower, and a seige ladder model files (with animations) to be able to make it as nice as I would like it to be.

If possible I would like help in the making of the map as I may not necessarily have all the time I would like to put towards it this semester since I am taking many difficult courses so if anyone would like to help me make it I would appreciate it, and we could team up and make it really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.