• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Name restoring from wtg to .j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Trigger strings are stored in files with the wts extension. You could easily make a script to re-replace trigger strings.

But what Wrda said is much more helpful to someone that doesn't want to invest the time: open your map in the Rivsoft viewer, go into the script tab, and play around a bit.

Also on the topic, you should not be editing the generated script file directly if you still have the actual map, so this question strays very close to deprotection.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, I don't really know what he wants exactly.
Like you said, if he has his map then he should just use make debug messages through the world editor.
So why go through all this work that way?
if you wanna be noobing around thanks you did that exactly

Trigger strings are stored in files with the wts extension. You could easily make a script to re-replace trigger strings.

But what Wrda said is much more helpful to someone that doesn't want to invest the time: open your map in the Rivsoft viewer, go into the script tab, and play around a bit.

Also on the topic, you should not be editing the generated script file directly if you still have the actual map, so this question strays very close to deprotection.
thanks for the no good info i was asking for slik opt , anyways i have found my old tools folder and done the job allready .
And your problem in this forum was aways the fear that someone may deprotect your map - guess what blizzard owns your Work now! So in other words i will not release my map to the public.

Close Pls!!!

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
if you wanna be noobing around thanks you did that exactly
The only one noobing around is yourself. Like a proudless scallywag, you resort to useless and unproductive talk when your idea is vague and then challenged. You are also unable to give more information so other people can help you. You refuse to use critical thinking skills and ask yourself: "Is my question humanly comprehensible?"
You've asked this similar question 3 times, and you got nothing due to your own denseness. Take responsability from that instead of hiding your embarrassment with trashtalk.

I literally replied with the thing that restores trigger strings into war3map.j, judging by your "??????" answer you didn't even attempt, nor spend 5 mins trying and figuring out yourself. Yet later you notify us of this:

thanks for the no good info i was asking for slik opt , anyways i have found my old tools folder and done the job allready.
If you're so good and it took you 2 hours to find the things you were looking for, why did you even come here to ask about this issue 3 apping times? You had no goal in mind with this.
But i don't expect anything less than someone whose english is the tier of a 3rd grader...even those kids can do better. I recommend taking duolingo lessons.
And your problem in this forum was aways the fear that someone may deprotect your map
No one here said that.
And I don't give two goddamn cucking ape balls, anyone with sanity knows that even protection doesn't stop "deprotection".
- guess what blizzard owns your Work now! So in other words i will not release my map to the public.

Close Pls!!!
They always did to some extent. I don't know what "public" means to you but certainly if you or one of your friends host and play the map on battle.net, that certainly is "releasing" your map to the public.

Cheers Scallywag,

Your friendly neighbourhood Captain Nathaniel Joseph Claw :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.