• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*Name in Making* OrPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Oh great its another OrpG in the making xD
Uhmm yea i made this account ages ago to my email address and cbf re-doing it with another email. so yea, my ingame name is Whitey93. i made The cursed heroes OrpG and Synergy Orpg
Reasons why I decided to start a new map again?:
-The Cursed Heroes Orpg was ma first map and done badly, imo, so i teamed up with Rabid_weinerdog to make Synergy, bout halfway through we both had problems and it fell apart, so im going to make sure this 1 doesnt :p.

The Map itself:
Ive seen a fair few mmo's/rpgs based off different things, for the idea of this rpg i was thinking of a theme in which would be based off corruption, there would be a big baddy in the matter of speaking since this is still rough, and each area you would journey and quest through would be about how this land is corrupted and what you can do to help. The dungeons will also be based off this MOST of the time, there may be a few exceptions with storylines ofcourse but that will be done later.

Storyline: (Betaish)

Okay no REAL storyline but i got the basics, pretty much there is corruption in the land caused by an overlord, he has corrupted many gods and spirits, your a new hero in which will go through many quests to learn the story of each area and gain entrance to the dungeons / temples / shrines that these spirits / gods live in, they arnt GODS but old gods or demi gods, as you learn of each area you would venture into the corrupted bosses area, in which each boss will give away hints / story lines to the whole thing. You will rise as either a kind hero or a hateful overlord that is just in it for the brute fun. Being either will effect wat loot u may gain and other various things.

What Makes This Map Unique?:
- Unique questing where there will be multiple choices to end it, chaning rewards etc.
- A Karma system, in which if you do more bad things in which there will be choices u will gain access to different quests, cities, loot, etc
- The boss fights will be 100% scripted, with final bosses being HEAVILY scripted, causing no boredom :p.
- On major bosses you will have choices how to finish it, eg killing or purifying, this may change loot, ur karma and various other things.
- Many systems that was shown in Synergy, if uve played ud know what i mean.
- Many fights would include hard modes, idea is taken off WoW but i will be tweaking them to make them interesting, hard modes are when you do an action in the fight causing the boss to become stronger and harder to kill, gaining abils, hitting harder, having enrage timer, etc, this will also improve loot and various other things.
- Heroic modes of dungeons will be added near the end of the game, to add a more difficult approach, this will make the units much stronger, also making them gain more abilities and improving loot. You would change a dungeon from normal to heroic with either a command, or having the choice when you enter the dungeon (first player to enter for the lockout), if you're eligible for it, ofcourse dungeons will be resetable, with a command and with finishing them.
- More to list but i cant think xD

Each area as i said before will be from a different type of corruption, one could be from a great fire god, in which was peaceful lush forest untill corrupted and then in which went on a rampage turning the peaceful forest into a burning hole in the matter of speaking , its all rough ideas.

Map will Include:
- Lots of items / item types, see synergy orpg if u need proof.
- 5-12 classes, probably 5 to start out, and more as i release more versions, each class being 100% custom with 100% custom abilities.
- Scripted Fights
- Detailed quests with multiple paths, some quests being repeatable some not.
- Save / load system from Synergy orpg (worked well)
- Spells will be detailed and unique
- Hoping to make it so there are 75 Levels.
- Much more

What I need:
Terrainer
I need a terrainer to terrain all of this since im useless, and i need a good one, who knows how to do detailed areas, and knows how to do cliffs especially, the areas will have to be well done while open but also pathed in a way, since creeps will spawn and run around (most of them), play synergy if u want to see how it works.
- Each Area will have 1-3 mini boss areas for quests and other purposes (looting up).
- you may use custom textures and so forth but the max is 1mb of the textures. Also the map size is the largest size ( 256x 256 i think).
- For each area there will be 1-2 dungeons neeeded to be done, with each having a theme, the estimate would be 3/5 of the map as the leveling open areas and 2/5 as dungeons.
- The theme would be corruption and the elements, so a darkish kinda game, with lots of destruction, but also some peace.
- There would be about 3 main cities in the game, with also 1-2 Small hubs in each area, to gain quests and heal up.
- There isnt a limit to the amount of doodads and textures you use.
- areas will be of decent size, meaning im hoping for about 7-10 areas in the game, with about 15ish dungeons. Not all dungeons have to be huge.
- With the dungeons they would vary from surviving waves, gauntlets, normal classic dungeons, and more, also varying on size. But since a lot of them will have gods or spirits, most of them will be temples / shrines or an area made by the spirit themself.
Thats all i can think of off the top of my head, for more info just ask thanks

Please ask for more detailed info if your interested, thanks :). ofcourse ull be a partner in the map not just a credit.

Idea Peep
Some1 who is creative and knows what is a good idea, will need ideas on storylines, units, layouts, items, quests, spells, boss fights, etc.
For Starters, some ideas for heroes and their abilities, you can be very creative since i can script spells pretty confidently, make sure the heroes are unique, can have a few example abils and type of hero it is. PM me with your idea please :).
Item Maker
This is optional not necessary, but pretty much helps since i hate making items and it takes a bit of time this may help

Any other misc jobs u have ideas to do be my guest

Cheers, id like some feedback and questions, i only put some brief info here.

Whitey93

Last edited:
Level 3
Got no questions so far, though I like the whole ''corruption'' theme. As soon as you need me to think of something let me know. Got nothing serious to do, so I'll think of few interesting story line twists and stuff like that, in case you'll need it :)

Level 3
Cool, cheers for responces, i cant actually start the map till i got a terrainer but i have done most of the systems on a blank map, and i can make some heroes / spells on the blank map too then transfer it, so if you got ideas and u really want to share, please pm with ideas.

More info added that i forgot to add (in the what makes this unique section)

Hehe Kettle thatd be good later on. :)

Last edited:
Level 3
I know i can do decent terrain but the thing is i want it to be good. Also i dont have the time to do terraining since it takes a lot of effort, i was hoping for sum1 to get it done over next fewish weeks (Atleast the start of it) so i could start working on map full time then. But it seems terrainers arnt especially interested.

Level 5
ok i am a good terrainer but i allready have another project started and i really don't know if i can do 2 at once maybe if u started the terrain with general shape of the land and gave a very basic idea of which area is supposed to be it wouldnt be so overwhelming and i could do both???

Level 2
I could do ideas and if not too lazy items too but if i am too lazy i could still think of stats and stuff but someone else would have to make the item

Level 3
Ah those systems, they are quite easy to make, but i find , giving mroe than 6 items turns away a vast majority of crowds of people, and i find wc3 isnt advanced enough in map editor terms, i may depending on how i make the heroes but yea, skill trees are likely yes, the karma system will play part in this, getting you different kinds of abilties depending on your karma. But im still considering a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.