• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naj'entus' Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hello, everyone!
There's really just one final thing remaining before I release Sentinel 8 and that is the custom naga hero's skillset.
The custom naga hero is called Naj'entus, a Royal Guard from WoW Lore.
I want to give this hero a few custom spells, but after long weeks of development, I can't seem to come up with fitting ones.

The Royal Guard is a strength hero, starts on Level 10 with 52 STR, 28 AGI, 33 INT.

Currently, the beta version has a customized ladder skillset that is, most of his spells are based on ladder spells with custom effects. The only custom spell currently is Ebb & Flow.
Frost BoltBased on Storm Bolt = Stuns a target unit for 5 seconds and deals 100/225/350 magic damage to it. Costs 75 mana, 9 second cooldown
Summon Sea ElementalBased on Summon Water Elemental = Summons a Sea Elemental with 525/675/900 HP, 18-22/31-39/41-49 Pierce attack, 0/1/2 Heavy armor and 1.5s attack cooldown. Lasts for 60 seconds, costs 125 mana, 20 second cooldown.
Ebb & Flow Passive. While in water, the Royal Guard gains 3/6/9 hit point regeneration, 100 movement speed and 6/12/18 attack damage. If the Royal Guard leaves the water, the bonuses are only removed 12/18/24 seconds later.
MonsoonBased on Monsoon and Starfall = Channeling spell that targets an area of 600. Enemy units within the area get struck by lightning most every 1.5 seconds. Each bolt deals 50 damage to units and 17.5 damage to buildings. Lasts 45 seconds or until interrupted. 180 second cooldown, costs 200 mana.

I want to replace Frost Bolt, Summon Sea Elemental and Monsoon with custom spells. If you have an idea, feel free to post it here. Your suggestion can resemble the aformentioned skills, but they should have a custom feel to them. I want the hero to have at least some form of a disable, be it damage reduction, silence or stun, etc. and at least one area damage ability.

I kind of like Ebb & Flow, but if you have a more fitting replacement, feel free to post that one as well.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

What about an ability that creates a small water pool? just force the elevation down ?

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
A special parasite ability (not a name):
An enemy unit below 20% amount of hp (non-hero) who is the target of this spell instantly dies, and mutates into a murloc with weak powers. The mutation slowly evolves (40-60 sec.) into a powerful murloc/myrmidon which can stay with the Royal Guard until killed.
(Note: the hero can only have one of these murlocs. Or maybe it could have more with higher levels - it's about striking a balance between numbers and strength)

Tsunami (or whatever the name should be); The Royal Guard uses all his power to create a powerful wave knocking back his enemies, dealing X damage and stunning (or slowing) for X amount of time. This spell should hit 180 degrees from the targeted point.

Courageous Intervention: The Royal Guard defends a friendly target taking it's damage upon himself, instantly moving to the target and rendering it invulnerable for 2/4/6 seconds. (The range of this casting should be like 500 or less, forcing the hero to stay in battle).

Just came up with these without thinking too much - hope they can be of some use to you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.