• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NagaObservatory

Keywords:
naga observatory
Contents

NagaObservatory (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 28th of September, 2007 Approval status: Non-approved Rating: (8) Awesome! Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer. Notices...

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 28th of September, 2007
Approval status: Non-approved
Rating: (8) Awesome!

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

Notices:
[-] This model looks great but is downrated by the large texture file size..

Level 1
When put the model in my game i can see it in editor but when i start the game up theres just the ground texture there and i tryed redoing sizes and stuff but its like the unit is not even there i see the ground texture but i cannont select it or do pretty much anything with it

Level 6
I love this building but its wrecked all my maps iv used it in. They crash when loading the models. I tried saving a brand new unedited map then opened it, it was fine. But after importing your model i saved it and re-opened it again and the world edit crashed, i tried it several times and with other models and urs was the only one that did it.

Level 7
Yes there's something wrong with your model it is a good idea but something is totally wrong!
I too have the same problem as Hargoth when I import it and (how to say it) bind it to a model and save the map it simply causes the WE to crush while going through the models and that's only if you have imported the model as followed "Textures\... " if there are no "Textures\..." in front of the model's path there's no problem except you can't use the model itself! o_O

Level 1
I have a problem with this model, too. When I import it into my World Editor and then test the map, for some reason Warcraft crashes. It may be a problem with one of your files.

Level 2
The model is awesome, but... I have the same problem as colleges above. :vw_sad: After the first save, everything went just fine. However, as I have tried to edit the map, the Editor crashed, and afterwards, the map was not playable even in-game. I have tried to download the model once again, to make a new map, but it didn't work.

As I have said, the model is awesome, but it way too huge and it somehow doesn't work... so, could you possibly remake it as a skin? It uses the same model as arcane observatory from the blood elf campaign (or, at least, so it seems), so it would be much more compact (and maybe more stable) after transforming it into a skin (however, I am not sure, whether there would be no problems with the shining crystals... )

Level 4
Fix

The model is awesome, but... I have the same problem as colleges above. :vw_sad: After the first save, everything went just fine. However, as I have tried to edit the map, the Editor crashed, and afterwards, the map was not playable even in-game. I have tried to download the model once again, to make a new map, but it didn't work.

As I have said, the model is awesome, but it way too huge and it somehow doesn't work... so, could you possibly remake it as a skin? It uses the same model as arcane observatory from the blood elf campaign (or, at least, so it seems), so it would be much more compact (and maybe more stable) after transforming it into a skin (however, I am not sure, whether there would be no problems with the shining crystals... )
well here is a helping thing: don't import the rock particle and the blue glow and the model looks exactly the same and it doesn't crash the game

EDIT: Ekoi could you add a naga birth animation to this

Last edited:
Level 3
i have the same problem as you guys already mentioned. is ther ANY way i can recover a map, which is corrupted by this model? (imported it and saved, now the map wont load). i made a huge map and imported this and now i cant open it any more, which basically means my work of weeks is destroyed. help!!!