• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Deep Stalker

Naga Deep Stalker.

Edit
changed the color of lobster parts
added teeth
Cursed by the well of eternity's implosion and banished into the abys, these naga are shuned even by their own naga brethren because of wheir crab-like claws and deformed fins.

they have adapted to living in the abys of the ocean and use their anglerfish-like rods to atract their prey. They might look thin and weak, but god help thee if you stand on their way :mwahaha:

~ I'd like to thank dansaDisco for a great skin for this model C: ~

So...... give me credit if you use it or thee shall be devoured by the ever-hungry naga from the abys :mwahaha:

~Misha~

Keywords:
Naga, freak, deep, stalker, dansaDisco, Misha
Contents

Naga Deep Stalker (Model)

Reviews
15:46, 6th Jun 2009 shamanyouranus: Kind of weird, but definitely approvable.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hi, the model is cool, but can you make it more hero-style?
Something like this:

I've done it in Magos's editor, but made with particles and that model doesn't work in game (doesn't glow with particles).

All that i've done to work ingame is in archive.
There are reduced texture size, weapon ref attached to the right hand's spin and glowing lure (that thing at nose).

I'm just started learning in model editing, maybe later i'll complete my idea.
Normally I think it's important to get permission for this sort of thing, but I have to admit... Some of these changes really enhance the original model. My biggest qualm with Misha's form is (and this might be more an issue with the texture) it's all just one homogenous green. That makes it difficult to differentiate the parts of the model. Moreover, every Hero has Hero glow not only around the Origin, but also the Chest & the Weapon. Since his "weapon" is his big meaty claws :p... Well.

So yeah. I really like the additional Team-Color/Hero Glow in some strategic places; really helps to balance out the green-green-green. The cool "energy-shoulderpad" is neat (though I'm not sure what was intended with that).

I also *really* love the glowing Lure; to me, that's a major part of this character being a "character", a Hero, and I wish there was more going on there. Glow is great; let's get a Spell animation involving it or something! Anyway.

Kudos.

Last edited by a moderator: