• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mystic road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Terrain for Awakening of Nagas (AOS) project on XGM

Attachments

• scrn3.jpg
    scrn3.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 302
Good models I have to say.
And by you revealing you use a lot of ubersplats, I do hope the ground is not -just- ubersplats? Though, I like the ground tileset variation and the contrast.
The models also fit the terrain, even though that shroom looks... fancy.
You might want to have some more tree variation, though. Or make them less spammy.

Overall 3/5 points.
Offtopic: Care to share the models ?

Level 4
the path don't look right it looks fake and tree variation won't hurt and it
looks kinda animated.

You can't really get a good looking path in Warcraft 3 from what I've seen unless you use doodads. It's a damn sight better than the default tiles though.

Anywho, I quite like it. Clean and crisp. No overly conflicting colours, and the trees aren't completely homogeneous, giving off a nice foresty look. The fog makes a bit of a sharp cut, but I assume from the map being an AoS that is not an issue from a normal camera angle. Only improvement I could suggest would be an atmospheric addition, but how you would manage that amiably I'm not sure. A proper haze, though not fog, like the sort you get on a cool winter morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.