• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mystic Isles

PLEASE GO HERE FOR LATEST MAP
Newest Map

I. About the game
This is the standard melee game merged with Warcraft II and some of my own ideas. It seeks to mainly introduce naval combat in a balanced way and provide a seamless tech-tree that makes sense for each race.

II. Influences
I drew most of my inspiration from playing Warcraft II, there weren't really any other maps that caught my eye. I'm also a war history buff so I drew on that knowledge when I was fleshing out the race trees.

III. Added features
This is a melee so there isn't anything crazy going on, but there are a couple things.
-The camera can be adjusted two levels higher as well as to an overhead view.
-If you exceed your food produced all your units and structures will lose health slowly.
-All units of a player who leaves the game become rescueable.

FORUM

IV. Credits
The following websites are where I found my custom resources:
thehubb.co.uk
wc3campaigns.com
wc3sear.ch -> hiveworkshop.com

The following people are those responsible for the above listed websites and creators of custom material used in my map:
[K40$]-Spectre, Balnnazar, Beepo, Blade.dk, Blizzard Entertainment, Cookie, Darky27, Dmitry Rommel, Elven Spellmake, General Frank, Ghan_04, IceFrog, Metzen, Moyack, Pitzer Mike, richie_lich, Red XIII, Rising_Dusk, Strategy Master, The_Mechanic, Tiki, Tim., Vexorian, w3catlegio, Whitehorn

Original terrain used: Mystic Isles by Blizzard Entertainment

Keywords:
Orcs and Humans, Warcraft 2, Tides of Darkness
Contents

Mystic Isles (Map)

Reviews
08:22, 11th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: An altered melee that tries to bring Warcraft II back, although lacking in terrain in balance, still a decent map, Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review Here.
Level 1
I just tested the new version (3.8.9cp) and same problem. Thanks for the help, I look forward to it working eventually as this map looks really cool.

Level 1
Thanks, the name change worked, and this is fun to play. The only problem I get is a little bit of lag every couple seconds once far ingame, can't help with why that is......

Level 1
I don't think so, I have a 2.8ghz core 2 duo, 4gb of ram, and a 4670....... i think that's a little higher than the system requirements of Warcraft 3.....

Level 1
lol, well, whatever, I'll just wait for the next version and cross my fingers, hey it works with vista............

Just a tip:
-Test a Map with AI Editor (Melee of Course)
-Go to Warcraft III Properties
-Scroll Down until you see a new folder.
-open folder,inside you will see an AI file named "WorldEditTestGame.ai"
-open it with Notepad
-if you want your map a ai(because its melee)customize the code.(ex.unit ids,ability ids of your map,etc.)
-import it to your map
-PM me if im wrong