1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

My WE don't have Save Game Cache!!!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by DarthDeath, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DarthDeath

DarthDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please help me, my world editor don't have Save Game Cache system in the Trigger Editor. So i can't make a campaign in my World Editor.:cry::cry: Please HELP ME!!!!

2. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you working with Reign of Chaos? Make sure you have the Frozen Throne with the latest patch; reinstall it in case nothing changes.

3. DarthDeath

DarthDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok, i'll try it later..
    oya, i working on the Frozen Throne and have 1.24 b patch.

4. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    1.24b removed the GUI for save game cache... You can still use the JASS
    • Custom Script: call SaveGameCache()

PS: Not sure if that's the right one but its something like that...

5. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Moin moin =)

Adiktuz what are you talking about?

[​IMG]

While I read your post DarthDeath, I get 2 points out of it: You mean the function doesn't exist in the editor? [Wondering because it does ( else the custom script of Adiktuz is correct )]

Or you mean you can create everything with the trigger, but he doesn't store everything in the game while you play? In this point you should post your trigger, because maybe you did a mistake.

Greetings
    ~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

6. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    my editor doesnt have one... WE and NewGen too since I've updated to 1.24 and up, also saw it on threads...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...gger-function-does-not-exist-database-144982/

7. DeftheLynn

DeftheLynn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah, me too ...
    my WE don't have SaveGameCache Action, everytime i open my old campaign in WE, always crashes T_T

did bllizard disable the GUI SaveGameCache in patch 1.24 ???

EDIT :
    • Custom Script: call SaveGameCacheBJ(your gamecache variable)

^ i used that, and it works :D

8. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Moin moin =)

LoL I get confused. I used the normal World Editor with the last patch 1.24e and I have it. maybe this need a clear discussion, because this cannot be somehow.

There's a seconds point I'm wondering: If I use my GUI trigger in the normal WE and convert this to Jass I get:
    "Custom Script: call SaveGameCacheBJ". If I do the same with NewGen I Get: "Custom Script: call SaveGameCache".

Normally NewGen doesn't convert BJ triggers to non Bj triggers and use the BJ triggers too, after converting. So why there's a difference? I have to think about it LoL

Greetings
    ~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

9. Tirlititi

Tirlititi

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    For what I know, Blizzard removed the "SaveGameCache" function in a patch and re-add it 3 or 4 patches after (I don't remember which patches it was).

JNGP use a custom "TriggerData.txt", which is the file that define GUI functions. Maybe you installed JNGP when Blizzard removed the function, then JNGP copied the TriggerData and didn't re-add it.

Anyway, you can still use a custom script as you did...

10. DeftheLynn

DeftheLynn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    (Confused .... ) @_@

11. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had the same problem with my map. When I downloaded the latest patches it was all better. Try that. If it doesn't work, I'd recommend copying your stuff into a folder and reinstalling the game. I suspect it'll all be fine then.