• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Because of some reason I decided to make a single thread for all of my terrains. I've updated some old terrains and also made a new one.

This is the first decent terrain I made, I can no longer edit it because I've lost the map.
10831d1186998239-simple-valley-valley2.jpg

This is supposed to be some kind of mangrove forest/jungle or something.
jungleriver.JPG

This is a lake on volcano island.
volcano2.JPG

And this is innards of volcano.
lava.JPG

Enjoy (if possible), give suggestions etc thxbai.

The jungle and the valley is the best IMO. The Volcano reminded me of some Raid1000's terrain. There is a very nice tutorial about making lava, you should search it. It's in the tutorial forum I think. In the Volcano island terrain the rocks are spammed which is bad looking, the waterfall is good looking but could have been made a lot better. Look at this picture for example http://irelandwallpaper.info/bulkupload/wallpaper/Glencar Waterfall.jpg Look carefully at the environment around the waterfall. It should look like that, the sunken ruin rocks could do the trick and some sexy trees around those rocks.

Level 7
Yea the volcano is inspired by Raid1000's Hell terrain :D and if you mean that lava tutorial by Piwlady I've used it there :p I know the rocks on the cliffs of the volcano island don't look good, I was in hurry when placing them :D I'm going to make it look better when I have time. Same with the waterfall. But thanks for criticism ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.