• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

my outrage, get off your highhorse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how could you people be so mean?

this is just a place for people to post their skins and models, etc. Not for a place for you so called "veterans" to go around and just criticize other peoples work, yes creative criticism is good, but most of you idiots are just "oh this is just a recolor, its awful".

I mean jeeze get the hell off your highhorse, if you want i'll just start dealing out my own set of nice wonderful comments of horribleness, somebody made a model that i admit was not that great but other people were just ripping on the fella, you dont frigging do that!

to be nice i downloaded his model and gave it a good review CAUSE AT LEAST HE/SHE TRIED!

Thats all you should ask of people is to try, many of us just want to make a simple skin and post it on here, we dont want to make some really incredible great skin or model or even icon, the only icon i made was cut and paste from a magic card i scanned and resized!

I mean my god you guys, you people make me sick sometimes, every bad comment i see just proves to me a little more how pathetic you guys are in real life, i just play warcraft 3 in my spare time, i took a few hours to make a bob-omb model from mario bros. which i still havent got to work right!

and some of you just stay on here for hours just trying to perfect your latest masterpiece, well let me tell you that your no artist, none of you are, just a bunch of whiny babies that cant stand when somebody releases something that isnt up to your standards and just yells at them! i mean for the love of god many of these people are just kids! you know they are!

And the idea of this "delete request" thing is just absurd! That just even proves my point more, infact thats even worse than being told your work sucked, your telling them it sucked so bad that it should be taken off the site! how could you live with yourself for being so mean to hit that button?

i could care less if somebody made just a sphere model and put it on the site, i would probably be nice and tell them at least you tried.

EDIT:

INFACT IT SEEMS THAT SOME OF YOU ASSWIPES ASKED TO TAKE OFF MY ICON SINCE I DONT SEE IT ANYMORE! THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT YET AGAIN!

thats ok, i'll just post it again <3

Level 8
you need to chill out a little, I have no problem with anyone as long as they try. I'm just tired of these people that draw some squiggles on a chest and put it up for download. If they put no effort in it, it pisses me off. Not because it's not up to the standard of whatever, but because you can't find any good skins around with the half assed ones cluttering up the site horribly. That's my only problem. No one can honestly say they try when they submit like 15 a day. A skin where someone "tried" does not take 15 minutes to twenty minutes to make. If they worked really hard on it for hours and hours and it still looks bad, then I can respect that. But not these lazy people who mass produce garbage.

Level 9

Look at this and tell me that he made an effort

The problem is that people submit things and expect to get crits there. But commenting is not the same as crit'ing.
If people want to know if a skin is good or not, then they should post it in a forum for feedback, also the "send delete request" button was to ensure that the few good skins didn't drown in 15 min. "skins".
Also, if you try looking at some of the other wc3 sites (like wc3c), then you will see why so many things here are without effort and without quality.
There is an actual standard of what is good and what is not.

Level 12
What you said there Fox_Reeveheart was definetely wrong. I hardly can see how everyone puts effort in their skins. You should browse around the section more often. If you'd ever listen to Saikann's and Wormskull's comments, they're mainly right in their ways. I've already said this before but if you people can't take negative criticism, then you should get off this site for a while and think about it.

Level 15
This is a resource download centre. Not a gallery. If new artists wish to show their work, they should post them on a forum, not upload them. 70%+ of the submissions here are pathetic and simply terrible. No one would download them, so they are wasting space, and in the wrong place. People come here to get useful graphics to use for their maps and mods, not to have to sift though crap like a shit-mason.

Level 12
Fox_Reeveheart :I think you already know that your skins weren't any good, that is because you didn't even take a screenshot, It is true that some guys are just too bad doing criticism, but you can also be bad when taking them.

For instance you can try using photoshop or paint shop pro instead of whatever you used.

Level 3
what are you talking about? i gave screenshots for both my skins, i know they arent that great.

But at least have a heart when criticizing, jeez.

i mean criticizing is one thing but some of you (will not mention any names) just rip on the author and just absolutely demolish him, thats the true reason for my outrage.

constructive criticism = good =D

Ripping on the author, etc. = Bad, should be warned for such intolerable behavior, learn to be nice for once in your miserable life o_O

Fox_Reeveheart said:
what are you talking about? i gave screenshots for both my skins, i know they arent that great.

But at least have a heart when criticizing, jeez.

i mean criticizing is one thing but some of you (will not mention any names) just rip on the author and just absolutely demolish him, thats the true reason for my outrage.

constructive criticism = good =D

Ripping on the author, etc. = Bad, should be warned for such intolerable behavior, learn to be nice for once in your miserable life o_O

I think you are right :D :twisted:

Level 9
Whitehorn said:
This is a resource download centre. Not a gallery. If new artists wish to show their work, they should post them on a forum, not upload them. 70%+ of the submissions here are pathetic and simply terrible. No one would download them, so they are wasting space, and in the wrong place. People come here to get useful graphics to use for their maps and mods, not to have to sift though crap like a shit-mason.

Level 13
we don't have to download them, but why intentionnaly try to put them in our view, if the public finds it bad, so be it. in the olympics, if you're a horrible swimmer you wont even enter your olympic, so dont send your 9 year old kid and says " he makes great efforts ". the main goal here should be and is perhaps to have the best skins, no one likes to see a poorly made skin, beceause it's depressingly piteful to see such things. the worst fact is that some newbies review newbie works saying it's great, and that's most likely beceause the good skins are burried beneath skins that are a shame to this website

Level 18
Most likely this is because something of his was deleted.

So he comes here and complains, if you want feedback on your icon skin upload a ss to

www.imageshack.us

now if you have a finished product that is actually good and usefull submit it here.

Oh most of the time a person is giving crits is ignored by the author or author says you just don't like me,
Its rather annoying when the fledglings do not listen to vetrans and instead submit 20 more crap skins in a 5 min time span.

Level 13
i agree with somethings, i which a lot of completly unnessessary, but there also is a lot of constructive criticizm. there is an even number, really, of the percentage of good and bad criticizm, and we need more good and less bad.

Level 12
Looking at the facts, the skins of no effort aren't going to be used. Sorry, but rules are rules. Just because you think such a skin is a personal achievement isn't going to be agreed with the rest. Let me define that for you: Achivement is something that you can be proud of. When you can't take criticism, it's only a matter of time before you realize it. I don't mean to say this, but you're immature like a child. So stop complaining and crying like a baby.

yeah i have to agree with fox. but the only prolems that i see are that too many ppl submit recolors, i say as long as it soesnt get deleted its fine. and if you have a problem with the quality of it, well too bad! i guess youll just have to deal with the problem that some skin you think is crappy is blocking your view. but i didnt agree with this
and some of you just stay on here for hours just trying to perfect your latest masterpiece, well let me tell you that your no artist, none of you are, just a bunch of whiny babies that cant stand when somebody releases something that isnt up to your standards and just yells at them! i mean for the love of god many of these people are just kids! you know they are!
ill have to disagree on you with this. some pple here are real artists, they practice it, and are devoted to it. just because someone is young, doesnt mean that they "are no artist" in fact some ppl here are in their late teens and 20s. i think that there are many talented artists on this site (and by the looks of it, fox isnt one of them) perhaps he just created this forum out of spite.
And the idea of this "delete request" thing is just absurd! That just even proves my point more, infact thats even worse than being told your work sucked, your telling them it sucked so bad that it should be taken off the site! how could you live with yourself for being so mean to hit that button?
the delete request is just a suggestion, the moderators actually decide if its worth being deleted.

but the irony here is that hes states that the ppl here have no life. well if you have such a great life, then why do you care about this so much that you would write this huge essay on how much the ppl on this site suck?

I have to agree wit fox though, theres a difference between...

"nice try, next time do this instead"
Thats a Sopho, good constructive crit

"Shade here, burn this, erase this, kiss my ass...."
Thats a wormskull, 3 paragraphs that no one wants to read.

I understand taht if someoen floods the skins and models that they should be deleted and yelled at(konblade) but if its their first try dont go off on them.

You guys bit my head off for critising the ninja cow. Yet here you are telling fox taht his/her work sux.

Fox can u post what your icon looked like cuz i wanna be able to see what you are all arguing over.

@fox What does "get off the high horse" or whatever mean?

Level 12
I'm not a troll am I? Let me say that some of you people don't understand that not everyone is going to be nice. When we say "shade him a bit" or "add some detail," we're just finding a way to help you. And remember you can ignore us and do it your way (I don't have a problem with that as long as you try not to flame us for such criticism.)

Level 13
exactly what i was thinking. i get pissed when people just throw out un-helpful criticizm about my art, and wormskull (sad to say) is actaully leading it. many people are helpful, and of course i agree with them, note their points or ideas, and put it into my next drawing. but just saying "it sucks because the face isnt neat and pretty from computers. no, of course not because i draw with paper and pencil (and a happy "hot" rubber eraser)

Level 10
Ok look, the way i see it, stop yelling at wormskull for giving his comment on a model, all u peeps are like "omg its wormskull he is soooo mean cry cry cry cry"
Reality Check-Wormskull is just telling his opinion, even if u dont agree doesnt make him mean, also if u think he is too harsh then get off the internet and go bak to daycare or where ever lil kids go

Rad

Rad

Level 5
i dont see whats so bad about wormskull... sure hes mean alot but some people are just like that (eg. vegito, afronight etc!) doesnt mean i dont like them just pisses me off when people act so rude and never help and consider them self good... the way i look at it the best people are the teachers not the pros

forgot to add... no offense to vegito or afronight well a lil

hey rad do you see me saying there is anything wrong with wormskull. you guy better stay on topic or thisll turn into that thread about wormskull again. and it seems you are particalaly tageting me and vegito for your hate. i dont hate paricular ppl, i hate everyone equally.(and if you didnt realize that that was a joke by now, its too late, im already dead)

Ok look, the way i see it, stop yelling at wormskull for giving his comment on a model, all u peeps are like "omg its wormskull he is soooo mean cry cry cry cry"
well the way i see it is that "oh he submitted a sucky skin oh hes so mean and stupid, nows he spamming the site and it wont get deleted. oh becasue of his crappy skin all of the good skins are being pushed back even though you can just click to the other page to look at them. now i have to tell him how crappy his skin is in a desperate attempt to try and get him to delete it himself even though i know he wont 'cry cry cry'" and this is just in general for all those who do this. i dont know mabey im exagerrating :p

Level 3
wow, i didnt expect this much feedback on the subject o.o

i just figured a few people would comment and that would be it, but thank you all for throwing in your two cents, but i agree

sopho = good crit
wormskull = bad crit

thats really what it boils down, if your going to give something a bad review then just at least be good at it, you can give a bad review thats "good"

EXAMPLE

bad "good" review: This isnt good at all the be honest, but i really hope you keep working at it and soon you'll be able to submit something great.

Normal bad review: Pfft, jeez this thing wasnt even worth the clicking of the mouse, please go to another site and post this nonsense, or better yet, dont post completely, get out you stoopid noob.

just examples o.o

its mainly the rudeness of some people that i am thinking should be dealt with, its called making a rule about people being assholes o_O

and yeah i'll repost my icon if i can find it

AND for those that havent been reading im not even whining about my stuff, i never really got any really really bad reviews. Its when i look at other peoples work that may not be great but the commenter just decides to be a bitch about it and lay into them.

if my stuff gets deleted then i'll just repost it, no biggie to me

Oh and btw, i wanna take a moment to remember all those that died 3 years ago being today is the anniversary.

Level 13
wow. um, thats putting it flat out KICKASS!!! that is what people need to do. but i doubt itll happen because there are so many sucky people out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.