• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My conclusion of General Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Originally Posted by i_brg_doom
i dont know if i may post a message to you but plz explane me about the 5- rep of advertising :S

Posting irrelevant links in request section is spam. Post even more random and odd site link is advertising. I don't need you to explain that this is bullshit, do I?
End of story.

ok im sorry didnt know that thanks for explaning

So, I see. People like you don't read the rules!

i do not agre in that comone i just wanted to help people who search good anime sites i didnt wana do somthing bad did i?

Yes. You just wanted to whore rep.

i sorry you think that way its not true i found a couple of good websites where thay have anime series so i thought i psot it on hive i dont care if thay dont give me rep or not

Do you seriously want to continue argueing with me and get banned for incompetence, or do you want to stop?

i want to stop im sorry i just want you to understand it wasnt my meaning to do that

Yeah, whatever.

moderators need to be nice dont thay? i dont think this is a good moderator yes so i maybe made a mistake but to do it this way isnt like a moderator should do it so plz post here what you think of it

Level 37
Actually it's good to see people opinions' about moderators. If they behave wrongly they should be replaced by another members(this is a big negative side in hive, for example Mini-Me's case(it usually takes months to finally throw people out of their current positions)). I don't know this case, but we should listen equally everyone and make then our decisions.

Level 14
Hmph, well I think General Frank is right on this one, the thread was burned, so I don't know what it fully said. Though, the name was "Anime Movie Series Screenshots", don't know how this is anyway related to the Hive.

Well, hopefully this wont burst into a grand topic of somthing. Im gone :p

~Asomath

Level 35
General Frank is not a guy who negreps for no reason. I'm perfectly sure he had a valid reason to do that and if he says you deserved what you got, you deserved what you got.

Rules said:
Advertising a site for promotion only will result in infractions and link removal. Whether or not it is for promotion only is the staff's decision.

Level 18
I am not on anybody side whatsoever. I just wanted to mention for the starter of this thread that moderators don't have to be polite or nice. They are here to do their job, the most important thing is that they do it. Politeness is just a +, if a moderator is polite or nice. It is better ofcourse if they are, but moderating isn't easy so you must look on it that way aswell, sometimes mods get nervous.

Level 18
As a matter of fact, Frank is sometimes a bit too harsh, even with newcomers. However, I consider this a necessary. This teaches users not to break the rules. General Frank does not tolerate trolling, advertising, WoW models, and especially flaming, ESPECIALLY flaming a moderator.

P.S. If you want to get neg repped, another quick way is to incur Rui's wrath by doubleposting... This works like a slap and noone has doubleposted after being punished.

Level 8
You broke the rules get the hell over it. I'm with Frank 100% as is everyone else.

moderators need to be nice dont thay?
Yeah right. You wouldn't learn if they were nice. Drop the revenge and the grudge.
This thread is due a close.

Level 14
Um, may I point out that if you a problem with a moderator, that you should post in the admin contact section? And NOT post it here.

We (or at least based on the replies I see and my own opinion) don't care if he was "mean" to you.

The truth is: 1.) you broke the rules. 2.) You have eyes, thus you can see the rules 3.) You have some semblance of brain, so you can use it to apply the rules in your threads 4.) You've been here since February, that's long enough to read the rules and follow them.

If you honestly have a problem, post in admin contact, but seeing as Rising_Dusk has already replied to this, there is no reason anymore.

Close this now.

Just because we're nice doesn't mean we have to be nice to everyone.

Oh, and I'll show what he posted via a screenshot of a report post (I made the reporter anonymus because I can), so you can see the reason why Frank neg repped i_brg_doom.

Obviously smells very much like advertising.

Attachments

• what_he_did.JPG
    what_he_did.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 192
Level 30

Oh, and I'll show what he posted via a screenshot of a report post (I made the reporter anonymus because I can), so you can see the reason why Frank neg repped i_brg_doom.

Solved nicely :) +rep
some mod, close this failthread,
ktyvrymch.

Level 12

It smells like a moron more than it smells like advertising.

And what the hell is with this garbage of an OP post?

Level 12
Thats usually the case when somebody complains about the mods

It usually goes sort of like this....

Somebody new and somewhat ignorant does something dumb

Mod gets mad, and lets them know. Of course, not everybody feels they need to be respectful of somebody breaking the rules, whether or not they know they did.

Then some people say, "Well, hold on mods should be moderated too!"

Next, "This is stupid, mods are right"

..."this is fun :D"

And then there is alot of arguing and going back and forth between those three main opinions

I personally have tremendous respect for General Frank, because he's probably the best 3D model creator I know.

Aside from that there is another thing I see often in arguments. Just about everybody in existence can fairly easily justify themselves in their own minds, so trying to make somebody understand that they did something wrong is almost impossible, and generally ends in petty squabbling

I noticed that in the top of the thread how the poster honestly believed people should be after the General for "being mean"

I don't really care how mean he is, he's not trying to make your life miserable, just enforcing. That's why I believe this is yet another waste of time.

If you didn't like how the General treated you, maybe talking to him would help, trying to get him fired isn't gonna make his opinion of you improve very much...

Status
Not open for further replies.