• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3d max skinning help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
i have searched on google forums and enything els and could not find a tutorial how to put a skin on a model in 3d max or i just did not understand so plz can somone explane how to do it or givem e a good video how thay show to do it because i realy need to know

Level 5
When in 3ds max, press M, (assuming you're having a normal diffuse texture since you're on a WC3 forum) go to maps -> diffuse color -> bitmap, then select the texture of your choice. Drag the material onto the object you want textured. To have it shown in the viewport, click the blue and white checkered box. Otherwise you'll have to render to see it.

Level 7
Problem is, when you search for "3ds skinning" tutorial, you will come up with tutorials on...dun dun dun - ACTUAL SKINNING!

What people refer to this site as "skinning" is actually "assigning materials to an object" or - texturing.

Look up texturing tutorials in photoshop, and then follow Kanaru's little tutorial above me.

I repeat, you will NOT find out how to texture by looking up "3ds skinning tutorials"

Status
Not open for further replies.