• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My ORPG terain (playable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
can any1 suggest improvements for these terrain

starting town:

WC3ScrnShot_122609_135951_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_122509_101643_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_122609_135942_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_122609_135919_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_122609_135907_01.jpg

the nice little weapon and armor shop

WC3ScrnShot_122609_140102_07.jpg

redoing the terrains, took out demon lands as u all wanted.

Last edited:
Level 5
Looks nice indeed, allow me to make a few suggestions :

-Third pic has a floating outlands rock, that really has nothing to do with your current terrain;
-Houses stand on rock tiles, which isn't exactly realistic, the entire town is actually rock, but trees and grass grow in the rock?
-Trees have been scaled to a larger size but in my oppinion houses should too.
-Wrong bridge positioning, try and raise the terain in both angles so you won't see through the bridge.
-Doodad spam, you've placed a huge ammount of doodads in the water, if I'd have such a river nearby it'd be poluted as heck.
-Waterfall spam and wrong positioning, if you are aiming for a better waterfall then angle it right and make it visually attractive.

Overall I like the jungle mostly, but the trees in the jungle could be resized too, since you've only scaled the town trees.

Level 5
Also, I almost forgot, those mushrooms in the cities don't really fit the enviroment, if you want mushrooms in the city you'll have to make them smaller.

Level 5
I've taken a better look at the city in the third screenshot and I noticed :

-Waterfall coming out of the house in the corner, waterfalls must usually come out of cliffs or rivers;
-rocks sorounding some houses (First pic), it's just a matter of realism because I'll say it hypothetically that the human can't open the door because of the rocks.

Also can you supply me with more screenshots by any chance?

Level 5
Ok saw the new pics, my feedback :
I'm not gonna mention the waterfall as I allready did, but as I said it's ugly, you should angle it better.

-Grass/bushes in the demon land, if you really wish to stick with grass search for a better doodad that's not green.
-Your vegetation (Tree, grass, etc) grows in rocky spots, if you really wish to stick with the rocks then put some grass/dirt tiles under the trees.

Level 6
Emm... Well I am sorry to say this but I don't like what I see...

1: The sky kind of dont fit in some of the locations.
2: The doodads are 2 randomly placed.
3: Add more fog, weather effects and such.

I do like the first image, make the other places more like this one and your RPG will be just fine ;)

Level 6
No one has mentioned anything about the demon lands so I'll say it's a little too out of control. It's way to bumpy especially being playable, it seems annoying to walk in it. Otherwise I really like the town and the jungle is nice.

Looking at the town its a coniferous forest, since when do Jungles grow right next to them?????

Yeah there's WAY to much rock in the village, its hard to build a strong home on rock, you need some grass there.

Yeah, I don't know where to begin on the waterfall. It looks incredibly messy and it's flowing from absolutely nowhere. Also I don't think river rushes can grow in 90 degree flowing water.

A couple of the bridges in that picture are floating.

You can see the demon lands and their floating rocks right next door (something else that most likely doesn't occur next to a coniferous forest or a Jungle).

-One thing your going to want to do is move these locations away from each other, you need some sort of transition, not walk outside of town and boom your in a demonic wasteland. Btw, I don't think anyone would build a town right next to a demonic wasteland, your town must have some real problems being invaded by demons and tigers preying on its citizens.

Level 5
Looking at the town its a coniferous forest, since when do Jungles grow right next to them?????

Yeah there's WAY to much rock in the village, its hard to build a strong home on rock, you need some grass there.

Yeah, I don't know where to begin on the waterfall. It looks incredibly messy and it's flowing from absolutely nowhere. Also I don't think river rushes can grow in 90 degree flowing water.

A couple of the bridges in that picture are floating.

You can see the demon lands and their floating rocks right next door (something else that most likely doesn't occur next to a coniferous forest or a Jungle).

-One thing your going to want to do is move these locations away from each other, you need some sort of transition, not walk outside of town and boom your in a demonic wasteland. Btw, I don't think anyone would build a town right next to a demonic wasteland, your town must have some real problems being invaded by demons and tigers preying on its citizens.

He did mention those rocks are being developed into a new area :wink:

Level 6
I'm sorry, but I don't really like the demon lands. Random things seem to be randomly placed. Change the tiles to Outlands, or something. The ground looks REALLY bumpy. If I was to be walking there, I would break both my feet :p.

Very much improved, though the crystal in the center of town seems a bit out of place. If its like a monument, put it on a pedestal or something to denote that its a relic.

-You need some weapon racks and such laying around in the weapon store, basically there's no way the cashier has everything behind the counter. Place some stuff around so the customer can "browse" (of course this is all for aesthetics, the cashier should still sell you all the stuff, though shoplifting could be a fun addition to the game, If you've ever played TLOZ 2 (i think its 2, but its the one for the original Game Boy) shoplifting was done pretty well in that (I don't think they ever explained the cashiers demonic powers though)

Status
Not open for further replies.