• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My newest terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hey everybody!

This is just a concept of a temple of my campaign... It is supposed to be the scenario of 3 maps (yes, they'll all be about this temple). But nothing is sure...

I took one day to make this.

Enjoy!

Pics 1 - 4: Outside the temple.

Pics 5 - 7:The 1st room of the temple, note the water falling from the walls and the lights. And if you look, you can see the sky from where the light come from.

Pics 8 - 9: The 2nd room of the temple, it seems to be a very old place, and there are bones of a creature in that cage.

Pics 10 - 11: The last room of the temple. A very old crypt lies there. In the campaign, many things are going to happen at that room!

____

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 228
Level 34
It's pretty good. As donut said, the wrecked feeling is well done, but it's a bit plain in areas. Try some shrubs and things. Tint them a dark color so they look deadish. Add more destructed doodads and rotate pillars and obelisks so they look like they have fallen.

The first two screens are pretty poor compared to the rest. I would work no them.

Level 34
The first shot is very blank, but although other users may say add more "environmental doodads", that makes no sense, because there aren't any because they are all buried under snow. Maybe add the tip of a tree poking out here and there though :D
Where do you live? There's not many places that have enough snow to cover up trees. Everywhere I've been the trees stick out by a lot.

For the plants, I meant on the temple area. There is only small piles of snow, not enough to cover even a bush. I said to add dead plants.

Level 28
I don't know why, but I could only upload JPG images..... Don't care about the bad definition.

And yes, I think the first ones are the worst of my terrain. As you can see my terrains are aways very detailed, so I have to take up to 2 pics of each room/area. The things I most liked about that terrain is the 1st pic, the lights coming from outside at the first room, and the bones at the 2nd. For me, the crypt chamber is very poor...

The first shot is very blank, but although other users may say add more "environmental doodads", that makes no sense, because there aren't any because they are all buried under snow. Maybe add the tip of a tree poking out here and there though :D

Yes, I think you got the idea! The 1st is very blank, as designed. But no, I think that trees wouldn't live in that conditions... Anyways, the dead tree idea is good!

For the plants, I meant on the temple area. There is only small piles of snow, not enough to cover even a bush. I said to add dead plants.

Yes, that is not a bad idea.... as I said above, vegetables can't survive in that conditions, but its a good idea.

_

Level 28
Hmm when I think of an ancient crypt underground, I don't exactly think of a dark-tinted crypt doodad... I think of a massive obelisk with a secret door that you have to open by solving some kind of puzzle *hint hint*

lol, creative, but this theme is too old :p

well, there is nothing secret, it is only a crypt. You know the game Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? The terrains are awesome, and sometimes I get my inspiration from there (I got the inspiration of this last terrain from there).

You can search at YouTube something like "Legacy of Kain - part 1","part 2", and etc. You'll get an idea of it.

Level 34
Yes, that is not a bad idea.... as I said above, vegetables can't survive in that conditions, but its a good idea.
_
I did say dead plants. ; )

Just use dead grass. That stuff seems to grow in remote places.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well I hope you don't take it like an offense, but I wasn't very impressed. The lack of tile variation combines with the weather, and the idea overall was pretty good.
My favorite will be the last one though. Has texture variation and the ambient is just average-good.
I rate this 7/10. Although, I'm not very impressed as I already said, this is a good proof that you can do good work without using a huge amount of custom doodads.
Good work, and keep up.

Level 28
Yeah, quantity doesn't means quality. To be good, it is not necessary to have lots of stuff in the terrain. In my opinion, the majority of Northrend's terrains fix good with few well-placed doodads.

Who thought something close to that.... Has just read my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.