• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My newest project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hell yeah, officialy lunched after hearing some good stuff about it :D i am tooo lazy to write evrything again so i will just quote myself, after reading it etc. you should know what i need etc.

so i just came with idea for map after i played ratchet and clan : deadlock (i love all ratchet series )

It will be pure action map, solo or muliplayer, still thinking about it. Anyway 3 or more playable characters, many upgradable weapons to use, secrets to unclock, mix of all kind of maps (from AoS to TD), some tactic thinking levels, good visual effects etc. This is all what i want to put into map, i need help from good Jasser/Triggerer, Skinner, Modeler and some others. Someone want help??

well, i think will be solo map, multiplayer would be hard, also it could be another part of map :]

and for idea, you got control of Clank(robot) Ratchet(umm.squirrel or something like that) and one of other character, or just characters will replace in some moment (still thinking about them) Each character will be unique, like Clank will be able to transform into big robot and use rockets, bomb etc. while Ratchet will be limited to use his weapons, powerfull wepoans. All of them will have many upgrades, each chaning something in visual effect etc. You will be able to buy armor, which change your looking of character. Also you will not be limited to hit and run, you can use wrench as meele weapon. For reinforcments you will have provided two bots, that can be upgraded, you will be able to give them commands, or use as living shield. This will be pure acion game, and saying this i mean it. Whenever you walk you will have to face opponets, from which you get bolts[gold] to buy wepoans, armors, upgrades and neccecary AMMO or mega upgrades for weapons. You will have to kill many boss, in order to proceed more into game. They won't be easy, you will have to use mind to defeat them. NO MOVE ATTACK ORDER for your heros, you will have to fire weapons manual and try to survive. For evry opponent defeated your weapon and character will gain expierence. If weapons level up, its power is increased, and added some mods [like increased ammo, or more bolts from enemy] and if your hero will level up max nanotech[health] will be increased. Thats all for now, if i get something else in mind i will post it

yeah, i could make multiplayer version (dethamtch mission) version

and there will be vechicles in map !! and many customized mission to do, so single player will be pure action rpg, multiplayer multiple detmach maps(also pure action)

btw. one of weapon missisile i would use flame strike with changed angle

but 100% sure i will release two versions, first single player then multi, you will start on desert after your star ship crash, and you won't be able to repeair it, and if you wonder why you crush.....it is because u hitted with ship into Dr. Neferious (3rd ratchet and clank main villian) and Laurance that were drifting on whole galaxy on meteorit, and he is still doing this. i don't know if i mentioned it, but you will have to fire weapons manual (press button and u fire it ) ammo will be mana, each weapon set mana into diffrent amount, around 10 choicable weapons, all upgradable, many location to visit, tons of quest, many bosses etc. all for now

anyway i need terrainer, triggerer and modeler

Level 7
actually i already made a system that uses projectile and hitscan based manually aimed weapons (well, there are homing variants :p) also with unidirectional viewing (ie it only reveals fog of war infront of your unit), including vehicles where passangers can get in and fire out the sides :p

so i can assure u its all within reason

Level 7
Ghost27 said:
raptor can you show me that system>?? and raging.....good idea

ya of course, i'm not a hard ass like some people who hide everything, i just have to find a place to host the map i guess :S

the hitscan based weaponry, which should arguably be used more since it takes up less computational power to fire a lot at once, is prototyped into a different map though, but i mean its look-at-able

Level 7
oh, btw ghost, if you're looking at my map you'll probably have to go into it and enable some debug cheats in the Debug header, they're set to only work if the player is me

then you can type "g" i think to spawn a buncha guns around you to try

i think "t" spawns a truck in the area when you first get to the city, its drivable by the first person who gets in using the arrow keys

oh, and you can pile 2 guns of the same type ontop of each other in the inventory to create akimbo guns (dual wielding)

oh, and shotguns and the rocket launcher have knockback effects

oh, and i believe theres armor settings to resist bullets but not explosions, and vice versa

oh, and accuracy is controlled the surpressed fire theory, the longer you fire continuously, the worse your aim gets -- although its manually adjustable, such as rifles have excellent first shot and get bad very fast, while smgs aren't that accurate but don't get much worse when fired continuously

oh, and projectiles have the following attributes i believe
homing -- max arc and scan range can be set, projectile attempts to turn towards a target but may fail if its arc speed is too slow
piercing -- passes through targets
wave -- will wave back and forth using a sin pattern
falls -- affected by gravity, detonates on impacting ground, fall speed can be set
explodes -- causes radial damage when the projectile detonates
detonates -- explodes or not when it reaches max range
and others i guess i forget

the bad thing is having too many projectiles on the screen causes lag, which is why i'd suggest using more hitscan or laser based, which i didn't include in that map

oh, and sight isn't my latest version of the system, you can't see over trees if they're below you in it

Level 7
well, the thing is arrow keys are incredibly laggy in multiplayer, and like, i dunno how you plan to shoot in all directions..

but yes i agree, my thing is overly complex, i just kept hacking in more and more features without thinking ahead

Level 7
ragingspeedhorn said:
Just make the shooting a spell and when the unit fires create a unit and make it go in the direction of the unit casting bla bla bla. Then give the unit locust for unclickability and immolation for the damage ;)

immolation is so terrible though, it lets bullets go straight through things, and also hurt units that it skims by

Status
Not open for further replies.