• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all! This is my first apperance on these forums, but I have been doing som personal moding work on Wc3 before, none with any greater degre of sucess.
My best work lies in model editing, so you can guess what I'm going to show :p

The models are just geoset merges with some modifications and simple retexturing (most of it being normal recolors and CnP)

Be free to comment and such. I might upload them or something if people are interested in them.

(yes i know the way the models are shown i each picture arn't very uniform, but they were taken at different times and i didn't really feel it would be worth the effort it would take to edit them properly and such)

Attachments

• goblins.jpg
    goblins.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 444
  • SpaceMarine.jpg
    SpaceMarine.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 195
  • ChaosMarine.jpg
    ChaosMarine.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 181
  • BrokenDisciple.jpg
    BrokenDisciple.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Zombieslave.jpg
    Zombieslave.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 191
  • TaurenKodo.jpg
    TaurenKodo.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 213
  • SkeletonPeasent.jpg
    SkeletonPeasent.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 250
  • taurenpeon.jpg
    taurenpeon.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 203
  • P-Pikeman.jpg
    P-Pikeman.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 228
  • OrcSpear.jpg
    OrcSpear.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 390
  • D-Paladin.jpg
    D-Paladin.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 711
  • DraeneiBroken.jpg
    DraeneiBroken.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 215
Level 12
You need to change the proportions of the models to fit their race a ton. I mean the goblins aren't even close to goblin shap and size. Also the goblin raider's nose is screwed up, some of the goblin's chins are way too big, two of the draenie have no noses.

Level 3
LOL they are cool! teach me

Read this tutorial and start from there
http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorials.html

You need to change the proportions of the models to fit their race a ton. I mean the goblins aren't even close to goblin shap and size. Also the goblin raider's nose is screwed up, some of the goblin's chins are way too big, two of the draenie have no noses.

Yeah, i know about the proportions of the goblins. They were some of my oldest work and i'm not very fond of how they turned out.
The nose of the raider only looks wierd becuase the picture was taken in
The reason the chins are so wierd is becuase they were suposed to resemble Warhammer goblins and not Warcraft goblins.
As I said I'm not very fond of them anyway and I won't be making any more work on them.

The noseless draenei aren't suposed to have noses. They are ment to be the de-evloved draenei called the Broken: http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/129/928901_20060510_screen031.jpg

Level 45
Okee, let's overview:
Goblins: They are decent, although skins suck hard-time... I suggest you unwrap some to in-game textures... Also, for the big chins, maybe add some teeth?
Marines: Look ok.
The Broken don't have tails -_-" If you look carefully at the artwork, they also have shorter legs, kinda' like gorillas... and their faces are longer
Zombie: Unwrap it to an ingame texture, geomerges generally don't need a custom texture
Tauren + Kodo: Decent
Skeleton worker looks too live right now, make him slimmer or something
Tauren peon has deformed legs :/
Pandaren lacks the distinctive anatomy, try making him broader
Orc is decent
Draenei paladin... draenei have legs similar to tauren, not to humans
I already said about the broken
Cheers.

Level 45
You shouldnt do model editing, only use it to learn the basic, its very limited but.. it seems you havnt utilized model editing well either.

Its not a matter of switching heads, weapons and hands and cnp skins etc.

Its a matter of manipulating something into another thing. Turning a thunderlizard into a baboon, a horse into a raptor.
Not switcing heads of a snap dragon onto the horse, shrink the forelegs and recolouring it green.
you need to manipulate the vertex's and, make something new out of something that already exists.
What i really hate is that a person at wc3c that does geomerging by just adding weapons and armour and anim switches gets worshipped like a god, im not going to say hes name..but..just dont boast or commit too much too it if your a model editor.

But once you learn how to manipulate and be creative, i guess you can stay as a model editor and commit to your stuff. BUT the true skill of modeling lies in actually modeling-modeling, from scratch.

These arnt bad, the only good one i like is the tuaren worker, the rest are..just..far too simple and horribly basic.

Level 45
What i really hate is that a person at wc3c that does geomerging by just adding weapons and armour and anim switches gets worshipped like a god, im not going to say hes name..
Hahaha, but I am going to! General Franx, arch-enemy of scratch modelling and model editing (he doesn't edit the base models! :eek:)... Although yes, I agree with you! Why, oh why is he so venerated? I was as good as him at geomerging and yet got almost no positive feedback! What? He even corrupted Erwtenpeller! It's sad... :(

Level 3
Okee, let's overview:
Goblins: They are decent, although skins suck hard-time... I suggest you unwrap some to in-game textures... Also, for the big chins, maybe add some teeth?
Marines: Look ok.
The Broken don't have tails -_-" If you look carefully at the artwork, they also have shorter legs, kinda' like gorillas... and their faces are longer
Zombie: Unwrap it to an ingame texture, geomerges generally don't need a custom texture
Tauren + Kodo: Decent
Skeleton worker looks too live right now, make him slimmer or something
Tauren peon has deformed legs :/
Pandaren lacks the distinctive anatomy, try making him broader
Orc is decent
Draenei paladin... draenei have legs similar to tauren, not to humans
I already said about the broken
Cheers.

Thanks for the comments, i'll see what I can do.
I don't understand where i got the idea that Broken had tails

You shouldnt do model editing, only use it to learn the basic, its very limited but.. it seems you havnt utilized model editing well either.

Its not a matter of switching heads, weapons and hands and cnp skins etc.

Its a matter of manipulating something into another thing. Turning a thunderlizard into a baboon, a horse into a raptor.
Not switcing heads of a snap dragon onto the horse, shrink the forelegs and recolouring it green.
you need to manipulate the vertex's and, make something new out of something that already exists.
What i really hate is that a person at wc3c that does geomerging by just adding weapons and armour and anim switches gets worshipped like a god, im not going to say hes name..but..just dont boast or commit too much too it if your a model editor.

But once you learn how to manipulate and be creative, i guess you can stay as a model editor and commit to your stuff. BUT the true skill of modeling lies in actually modeling-modeling, from scratch.

These arnt bad, the only good one i like is the tuaren worker, the rest are..just..far too simple and horribly basic.

Yeah, I know that the editing I've been playing around with is really simple and doesn't really require much effort. Basicly the copy-and-paste of modeling.
But I do seek to improve myself.
Right now, I'm just trying to get a basic clue to modeling for WC3 before I start using more advanced tools.
Hopefully I will start doing some proper modeling soon.

Thanks for the input everyone, it have been really helpfull.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Happy tree friends

Oh my, model edits have there uses, even if there minor you can create a diffirent unit ingame. Ive been around for a very long time, i remember when most of you were newbies beggin to learn how to do model edits and here you are the proffs.

Theres a certain lack of creativity in most of them except the marine and the dranei all they need now are a few fixes and skin and they may become useable.
I like the hooded goblin with the shield and sword, with a few minor adjustment as mentioned before and decrease the size of the head and you can mold them into a night gobbo.

and as for the guy your flaming of, i think he overdoes it and should try something more difficult like scratch modeling instead of massproducting model edits into the download section.

Btw i model edit so i can create campaigns with custom unit to my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.