• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Map Won't Appear in War3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well... I made my paintball map:thumbs_up:, and now it won't appear in War3:sad:. I have removed my imported files but it still won't appear. Any of my others still appear its just this one. It works with test mode, Please Help???:eekani:

Level 5
Maybe the maps name is too long. It once happened that i could not find one of my maps because the name got about more than 20 lettres. Make it shorter.

Level 5
I regret to tell you, but that isn't it. It still wont appear. I might save a version with no triggers to try something. Shame, my map is complete, just needs testing (Which is hard when I can't see it let alone host it)

I tested without the triggers and it worked. Wonder which one/s are making it stuff up? any ideas?

Level 4
I think the problem is with the map names (this has caused many problems for me) The name your changing is actually the FILE name not the one that shows in War3. (I know this has been said but it was a very general post and could be thought to mean the map name under Scenario -> Map Description). Just go to Save As... and call it something like "Test". Just make it really short and see if it works then, otherwise I'm sorry for double posting the same solution.

Level 9
I think it is cus you have some errors in your Map Script in triggers editor...
Try this:

1: Before you test your map, save it
2: When you save it, you should see if there is any errors with the codes
3: If it still does not work, look around in your triggers, maby something there
is wrong and causes an fatal error...

An example of an trigger error could be for example:

Unit - Remove TempUnit from the game.

If you have not Set TempUnit to an unit, this will be an error...
You following? :p

Level 9
Ye, something that causes an fatal error...
Do as I said, check your triggers. Maby like 1 action is wrong... 1 small thing can cause alot of damage ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.