• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported Models No Longer Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi! My map uses a lot of imported models / effects from many sources. Last time (about a week or so), they still worked perfectly when I checked. But now they just won't appear! I have never touched the Import Editor during that time, and only worked on the Trigger Editor all the time. Did anyone encounter this problem before? It really didn't affect how my spells work (They still function normally), just that the 'eye-candy' part is missing, which annoys me a bit.

Edit: Those models still somehow work. When I create a new unit and choose them as its model, they still appear, but when I use the line Special Effect - Create special effect... they just won't show. Maybe this line is bugged?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Edit: Those models still somehow work. When I create a new unit and choose them as its model, they still appear, but when I use the line Special Effect - Create special effect... they just won't show. Maybe this line is bugged?
Possibly. Could also be other trigger errors causing the problem. I suggest posting the full trigger and making sure that at least the action body runs from start to end using temporary message actions.

I suggest confirming all the models work in game. You can do this by giving them to units and placing them on the map and then testing. Any that do not work in game check that they have not been reverted to 0 file size (a save error) and if they have then reimport them and test them again. Any that do not work might be malformed or corrupted in some way, feel free to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.