• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Imported model no longer working in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

After taking a break from mapping, I wanted to work a bit on my map again and pressed "test map" like always. For some reason a model made by @Mythic is no longer working in-game, although it previously worked correctly as of 30 January 2021 (Flamestrike)

In the pic below you can see that the path is correct, and that within the Editor I correctly get a preview of the spell. However, in-game the animation doesn't play.

I tried the following, but nothing worked:
1) Saving the map and retest
2) Import a new "Flamestrike I" and test this one in game
3) Created a new map, imported the model, but again, in-game doesn't work (preview works)
4) Same issue in Classic mode (with the old graphics)

Does anyone know why this happens, or how I can fix this?

Cheers

Edit1: I feared as much, but it's not just Flamestrike that is affected. Other examples of models which no longer work in-game are:

Can anyone confirm please if they have the same issue with the newest Reforged patch? (1.32.9.16589)

Edit2: This is so frustrating. I haven't touched my map in 2 months, now I come back and realize Blizzard changed something in the code. I just confirmed that the above models do work when used in an object (so for example in the Battle Roar spell). However, when I use the spell in a Specialeffect (via trigger), the model does not work (even though it worked back in January)... not sure what I can now to make everything work.

Model in game not working.PNG

Last edited:
Level 12
Unfortunately that didn't help, BUT I just saw that there is a new patch available (1.32.9.16589 to 1.32.10.17165) and now it works again! :D

Haa very much relieved. But man, if I my triggers working properly depend on Blizzard doing crap on their side, is there an option no not automatically update to a new patch?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Haa very much relieved. But man, if I my triggers working properly depend on Blizzard doing crap on their side, is there an option no not automatically update to a new patch?
Seeing how most people will be playing your map using the latest patch I would not recommend it.

You can turn off automatic updates in the BattleNet app. This way Warcraft III will only update when you tell it to from inside the BattleNet application. For logical reasons you will not be able to play Warcraft III online until it is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.