• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] my map crashed when opening with world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i dont know what happened. before the crash, i was able to open and edit it normally. after the crash i got a error 3 message. after i re installed my game the map still crash but with no error 3 message.

can someone try opening it. i spend alot of time on it with very few progress. even did some custom spells of my own. i dont want to redo everything.

there are a few custom models, but none was added before the crash starts

Attachments

• (20)Defense_of_Windsor.w3m
    12.3 MB · Views: 23
Level 21

check for

PopcornFX Update

Btw, are you using HD graphics? I could open the map fine in 1.33 on classic.
edit: I see you are, well i think some of the imported models are using old FX, you probably have to contact their creators.
I set the units in question to their default models in the meantime, so you should be able to open the map again.

Attachments

• (20)Defense_of_Windsor-fix.w3m
    12.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Level 13
My map is now crashing as well. I can open the map even play the map but if I try to open a tool palette window it crashes. Very odd. If it was the models then the map wouldn't even be openable let alone playable.

Edit: Found the strangest workaround, had to click enable "automatically create new palette windows" and "lock visibility for active palette window" options in preferences then open my map and "Save As" not just "Ctrl - S", then I can open palette windows and edit my map. I have to do this everytime I open the map or it will crash when opening tool palette windows. I have other maps that I've recently edited that do not have any problems however and have the same amount of custom doodads/destrucibles/imports.

make sure you're also engable "Jass helper" and "vjass" in the trigger editor before saving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.