• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Introduction as to why I play Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, my name is Quinten, and I'm from Holland. I play Warcraft 3 RoC since I was 6.

I played it on the PC from friend of my mother every time we visited. Off course I sucked at it, my original language isn't English so I didn't learn anything from what ever tutorial...

Until I became 7 and asked Warcraft 3 for my birthday. Then I started asking what certain things meant, like the speech Arthas gave in chapter 5 of the Scourge of Lordaeron.

I played it for years, made many drawings of undead and Arthas.
I believe I was 10 when I got Warcraft 3 TFT. And I was just 11 when I first finished RoC.

But there was one single thing I liked even more than playing and beating high scores at Campaigns, it was the Editor.

Every single day I just created something. Although I never really finished a single map. Just giant groups of Abominations fighting Knights and Murlocs, hours I could watch it.

Slowly I started figuring out things. Here the things in an accurate order: my first breakthrough was how to change terrain, then how to place tree's, gold mine's, how to edit unit stats, triggers, cinematic transmissions, variables, how to issue points and units, colour codes and then ultimately, my most recent discovery; Custom Campaigns.

For all these things I haven't used a single tutorial/how to. I'm 15 now, and found this AMAZING website.

If I had to chose one Race that I feel like I have the most in common, it would be the Blood Elf because: Their hunger for magic is identical to my ''hunger'' for creation. This weird feeling on acidic emptiness that only can be filled by drawing, writing, building with LEGO, or ultimately The Editor...

This may be all a bit to personal, but at least I got this out of my system...
Damn time flows, another hour devoured by wasting time...

Damn, at least you don't use Cheats to complete ROC like I did.

Well, I did cheat to finish The Frozen Throne with cheats, but I only cheated lumber sometimes and warpten.

My favourite campaign was the bonus one, but I never cheated in that one, I always gave Rexxar ALL the obtainable tombs and I was always searching for items and Easter eggs. I bet I *almost* found them all. I've still got this Save somewhere where Rexxar has 118 + 17 strength, 3625 health, 72 + 17 Agility, 68 + 17 intelligence, and 120 - 136 + 52 very fast damage + life steal.

Level 15
Greetings! It's awesome that a lot of the younger folks with fresh ideas are still picking up Warcraft 3 which is undoubtedly the best in the series...

Sate your hunger for creation with tons of almost limitless resources in the Skins, Models, Spells and even on the Map section; there are a lot of people who supports and leaves their works unprotected for benefit for future map makers.

My speciality is on melee maps, if ever you fancy yourself with one of those. Let me know, I could provide review, critique and hints.

And don't forget to enjoy Hiveworkshop's shenanigans on the off topic forum

Level 20
Aye, mate - made something for ya':

Keywords.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.