• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My First Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is my first terrain :) please tell if you like it or not, thank you.

Attachments

• Picture.png
    Picture.png
    619 KB · Views: 143
Level 6
Neat little house, but add some fog it will create a nice atmosphere. And press ''V'' to enter gameview so you don't see the pink box and see fog.

Level 34
Few pointers.

-Tile variation is important. When doing dirt and grass, make sure to use more then one tile, three is usually a good amount. Add grassy dirt where dirt meets grass for a good transition.

-Fog. Go to Scenario, Map Options, Fog. Set the color and Z-Start and Z-Finish. Just mess around with it until you get what you want. For a typical terrain, use a light blue. This adds the atmosphere is a way. It makes it look more real.

-End of the world!! Your terrain looks like it ends right behind the hills and house. Make sure the viewer feels like the terrain goes on forever. Fog is helpful for fading out slowly. For this terrain, all you need to do is add some trees behind the hills. Maybe add mountains in the far background. This isn't always easy, but it's important.

Keep up the good work. I like the use of doodads.

Status
Not open for further replies.