• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
After seeing some of the terrain around here, I decided to post my (first!) terrain ever! Still in progress, but the screenshot here shows the hero choosing area.
Please tell me what I've done wrong :grin:

Attachments

• O.OOO.jpg
    O.OOO.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 192
  • OOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
    OOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 194
Level 28
Well... As Oziris said, Blizzard Cliffs aren't so good, because they look unnatural. Nice start. the problem is that the terrain is so... "Warcrafty". I don't know if you already noticed that the warcraft's trees size, how the trees looks like, and etc, isn't natural. You could add a fog to your map. And remember, do not use blizzard cliffs. Keep trying!!

Level 34
Not bad at all. But you need height variation and you need to use more plant life. Shrubs, tinted river rushes, and maybe corn or wheat tinted.

Level 26
Don't leave blank spots in the corners, fill em up with environment. And switch to Game View settings + what Oziriz said

It's not finished yet, hence the WIP -.-''

You can't actually see the cliffs in game, because I've hidden them with pathing and sight blockers. I only used them for the elevation. But thanks anyway.

@Gilles: More plants? Okay. I though I was overdosing on environment already:eekani:

Level 34
@Gilles: More plants? Okay. I though I was overdosing on environment already

Not in the least. No need for more rocks or trees or anything, just plants to put around them. Put plants at the base of trees, in amongst rocks and other doodads.

Status
Not open for further replies.