• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Firsts Terrain Screenshots!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My First Terrain Screenshots, please comment them!:grin:

Attachments

• Ashenvale.jpg
    Ashenvale.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Rain.jpg
    Rain.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 161
Level 6
Those are pretty nice, but if I might be so bold to say: You need alot more doodads, especially on that 2nd one, seeing as it looks like you were going for a plains kind of feel, put more grass doodads. Another thing: Try and clean up your pictures before you send them in, get rid of the mini-map bar on the side and put some fog on those screenies to give it more depth and it will look great. Other than that those are pretty awsome man, keep it up!

Level 7
I think it's too bare. Both of them are just a couple of trees and some tile / height variation. ;o But still, it looks nice.

Level 34
As HT said, pretty nice, nothing special though. NEVER NEVER take pictures at the end of the map, this is a showcase so I would imagine that none of these are playable, so no excuse for it. Needs fog for sure, more doodads in the second, first not as much, but still a bit. Take HT's advice on the paths, but overall your tile variation is pretty good. These are WIPS, keep working on them!

at

at

Level 4
As people said. Add tile variation and more environment doodads, and it should be all fine :)

Level 25
The autumn trees with summer tiles does not go together at all. That's your first major mistaken in the second one. The second mistake is lack of environmentals such as grass, rocks, etc. And the problem with both screenshots is that you show the end of the map, where the bounds are and all that. Pretty much where the end of the world is. Showing that is never a good thing, even when advertising terrain of an RPG you made or whatever.

The first one is really good for a first timer I believe. However the only flaws in the first one are:
  • No terrain fog set.
  • The road needs more dirt variations.
  • Needs more shrubbery and grasses. Rocks would be a good idea too probably.
Otherwise for a first time terrain, it's impressive and I rep you! +Rep!
Keep it up!
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.